Page: 1

My Birthday Weeked : Jane McDonald & Witches of Eastwick!

Clark_MD Profile PhotoClark_MD Profile Photo
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
On Friday, i attended Jane McDonalds concert at The Sands Centre in carlisle........wow!! Apart from the fact she seemed pissed - she was fantastic! - 2 wardrobe malfunctions, a confusion with songs and a forgotten line later (oh and an impromptu 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' to get back at a heckler - everybody loved it!! You gotta love a loose woman!!

So today (my B/D) .....after great anticipation, me and my mate loaded into the opera house to see witches of eastwick...
The Overture : nobody in the audience (except me) noticed the overture had began lol!
Eastwick knows seemed a little different and was a bit 'lumpy' for my liking but none the less a good start to the show.
The new song - 'Darryl Van Horne' i didn't like and i much preferred 'I love a little town' - the first act zipped by and the three girls from start to finish totally outshone Marti Pellow (as did 'Felicia') in my opinion who i thought was the weakest link of the cast and about 80% of his lines you couldn't understand (partially down to the sound design in this theatre). Loved the flying sequence and it ended the Act on a complete high! The set design i also liked and thought it caught it created the perfect atmosphere...oh 'Dirty Laundry' = FABULOUS!

The only weak parts of the show i thought were Marti (tho he wasn't bad), I love a little towns absence & the sound design (you felt yourself straining to hear some parts) but none the less, the PACKED auditorium loved the show and gave it a great ovation.

We managed to wangle a backstage tour after the show (thats after the argument with the sod on the stage door wouldn't call the company manager for me as he didn't think we were legit lol - i told him the producer had arranged the tour and he shut up v. quickly!! lol) - and although i knew there was alot of scenic elements coming from the wings, but bloody hell it was tight backstage!! (after enduring the new wimbledon several times, i told the CSM that i gave him complete sympathy as how they got all their stuff backstage at the wimbledon i'll NEVER know! he said (quoting) "yeh it was.....(pause) tight" and chuckled.

So incase you hadn't realised that i've had a fabulous birthday weekend and if you havn't seen Eastwick.......GO!
The Artist Formally Known As 'Anon2'
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Happy birthday!! =D
Glad you had a great time xx
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My fellow Janr McDonald fan, I love you even more now!
A very 'HapPy BeLateD BirTHdaY' to you!
andymacca Profile Photoandymacca Profile Photo
andymacca
Stand-by
Stand-by
I also Eastwick this weekend, on friday night. I agree with everything you say about the sound design, the dialogue was not easily heard in many places. I thought the band sounded fantastic, though was it just me in thinking that the drums cut through far too much? I also missed 'little town'. why was it cut?