Page: 1

Simply Barbra Comes to London

fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Simply Barbra Comes to London#1
Posted: 10/15/08 at 7:00pm
Evans, Lopez, Thornton and Soper Will Join Simply Barbra at London's Shaw Theatre

Acclaimed Barbra Streisand impersonator Steven Brinberg will offer Simply Barbra Oct. 28-30 at London's Shaw Theatre.

Brinberg will be joined onstage by Daniel Evans (Sunday in the Park with George), Leon Lopez (Rent), Oliver Thornton (Priscilla Queen of the Desert) and Gay Soper (Marguerite). The latter will appear as a singing Sarah Palin. Show time each night is 7:30 PM.

Steven Brinberg has performed his Streisand impersonation on stages in Atlantic City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Houston and the U.K. He recently completed a sold-out tour of the U.K. and the West End, following record-breaking runs at London's Playhouse and Jermyn Street theatres. Brinberg is the winner of the MAC Award and the Bistro Award for his Simply Barbra performances. He also appeared in the workshops of Ken Page's musical Nightlife and can be heard on "Simply Barbra Duets."

Brinberg will also perform at The Gran Teatre del Liceu in Barcelona Oct. 24 and 25. Stateside, he will be seen in Asbury Park, NJ (Dec. 4) and at a gala holiday benefit at Symyphony Space in Manhattan (Dec. 20).

For more information visit www.theshawtheatre.com or www.simplybarbra.com.

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#2
Posted: 10/17/08 at 8:06am
Love Simply Barbra seen him twice, having also seen the real thing twice i can swear to you that Steven Brinberg offers much better value for money. :)
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#2
Posted: 10/17/08 at 12:59pm
I have a great deal of respect for Gay Soper having seen her in a lot of things over the years, but isn't she a little old for Sarah Palin? And are we ready for Sarah Palin jokes yet?
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#3
Posted: 10/17/08 at 3:48pm
Once was enough for this act and I normally love this kind of show!

fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#4
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:46pm
what do you mean for "this act"? It is a witty, classy show with more musical sophistication that much crap on Bway. What are you, a Patti LuPone fan?
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#5
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:49pm
Oh please listen to you! lol
No, I'm just not that keen on female impersonators that hardly ever change the act. I seen him in almost every show he's brought to london in the last 15 years! His seasons are always shard to sell and each time he rebooks himself the season is shorter than the last!
sydneyboi
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#6
Posted: 10/19/08 at 4:57am
So excited !!!!

Im there for a week in London and Im seeing Now Or Later, LaCage, Rainman, French & Saunders, Simply Babs, and Anstacia at GAY on the Sat night!!!!

God I cant wait!

saw Simply Babs in Sydney a few years back, he/she is fricking amazing!
:)
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#7
Posted: 10/19/08 at 2:02pm
You've got a real bug up your queeny ass.
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#8
Posted: 10/19/08 at 2:04pm
Sydney boi--

I am sure you will enjoy the show as it includes a lot of new material as well as some choice guest stars. One of the new songs is "Another Winter in a Summer Town," from the brilliant musical "Grey Gardens." There is also a chance he will appear on the Graham Norton show.
sydneyboi
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#9
Posted: 10/19/08 at 3:29pm
Thanks FFlagg,
Im really looking forward to this vacation,
I heard that Grey Gardens was going to open in Melbourne next year but that was a while ago.
Cheers,
:)
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#10
Posted: 10/19/08 at 6:01pm
I saw Steven Brinberg perform his one-off show during Tony Awards week at Birdland in New York. He performed "Another Winter in a Summer Town" exactly as Barbra might together with " 'til Him " from The Producers which, claiming Mel Brooks wrote it for her wedding day, was retitled " 'til Jim ". Because it was a Monday night with most Broadway shows dark, Daniel Evans (Sunday In The Park With George) was in the audience and Sian Phillips (Les Liasons Dangereus) guest starred singing Noel Coward's "A Bar On The Piccola Marina".

For a great night out don't miss this wonderfully talented and funny performer at the Shaw Theatre. I can't wait to see him again on the 29th.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Simply Barbra Comes to London#11
Posted: 10/30/08 at 1:04pm