Page: 1

Girl with a Pearl Earring

lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Girl with a Pearl Earring #1
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:42am
Is anyone going to the first night on Monday? The invite itself couldn't provoke less excitement if it tried- it's a b/w A4 sheet with a picture of the painting on it. No party either; we're advised to stay in our seats till the 'general public' piss off and then have a glass of wine in the stalls bar. Mmm... great.

Oh well, not to mull... I have another much needed dose of Wicked to look forward to tonight.
Updated On: 9/23/08 at 04:42 AM
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Girl with a Pearl Earring #2
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:45am
Well i guess its just the lure of the free wine thats taking you along then??? haha.
I'm not sure if I'm going Monday but I'm interested as to how this is on stage.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Girl with a Pearl Earring #2
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:56am
I couldn't be less interested... it's going to bore my tits off. It's not the free wine either. In all my theatre jobs, wine at anything theatre-related is like vinegar.

Essentially, I'm being made to go because nobody else in my office can be bothered and somewhere along the line my boss suggested this would make up for my not being able to go to the Priscilla launch. Ugh.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Girl with a Pearl Earring #3
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:31am
Shame cos the wine at 'Priscilla' was rather nice- at least it was after 5 glasses! I've heard they may be giving away free earrings at Mondays perf! lol
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Girl with a Pearl Earring #4
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:33am
I might give someone a pearl necklace re: Girl with a Pearl Earring
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Girl with a Pearl Earring #5
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:41am
re: Girl with a Pearl Earring

Thanks! You post what i think -you take the flak for it OK!
LOL hahahaha