Page: 1

'Joan Rivers- A Work In Progress'

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Joan Rivers- A Work In Progress'#1
Posted: 9/17/08 at 8:40am
I mentioned inside a different thread, that i cant find at the moment, about my visit to see this show last week. I found it rather enjoyable as it is slightly different to her normal stand-up act and that i would contemplate going again in one of the two return seasons in December and January.
Well it looks like the amazing success that this new show had in Edinburgh at this years festival hasn't traveled down south to London, the two seasons planned and advertised for the end of this year have been cancelled due to poor sales.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Joan Rivers- A Work In Progress'#2
Posted: 9/17/08 at 3:27pm
That is a shame. I didn't make an effort to see her this time as I knew I could go next time. darn
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Joan Rivers- A Work In Progress'#2
Posted: 9/17/08 at 6:55pm
First off, the online booking fee was ridiculously high - over 6 per ticket, which I refused to pay. So I called into the theatre at 6 o'clock one evening - the box office was closed and, although there were people around, none of them knew anything about box office opening times. The online booking facility is currently down, and they wonder why the show hasn't been selling!
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Joan Rivers- A Work In Progress'#3
Posted: 9/17/08 at 7:07pm
Oh dear!
Sounds like the same mess that brought 'The Venue' down. The staff then were just vile, so not interested in the audience coming in, selling tickets, drinks, EVERYTHING! So much for being a new venture.
I guess i was lucky last week, mind we did arrive 3 mins before the start and that meant we didnt have to suffer the box office and bar.
Oh well, these people never learn. maybe Roseanne will pul l them into shape!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Joan Rivers- A Work In Progress'#4
Posted: 10/1/08 at 2:02pm
The two future seasons have been cancelled as I mentioned on here two weeks ago BUT i don't mind telling that the story regarding the cancellations being due to a US TV show are so far from the truth and that the show had and advance of 50,000 already -not true, more like 5,000.
Updated On: 10/1/08 at 02:02 PM