Page: 1

lesley mackie in judy

heckster2 Profile Photoheckster2 Profile Photo
heckster2
Swing
Swing
lesley mackie in judy#1
Posted: 9/15/08 at 5:33pm
i,m not sure if this site is meant for nostalgia stuff but... who saw lesley mackie in judy? written by terry wale. i saw original in worcester, 4/5 times at greenwich and about 10 times at the strand! she was awesome when she sat on edge of stage singing born in a trunk. saw lesley in other things but nothing compared to this. any other big fans of the show wanna chat?
Updated On: 9/15/08 at 05:33 PM
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: lesley mackie in judy#2
Posted: 9/15/08 at 6:37pm
I remember getting very annoyed at a big American bloke sitting near me who wouldn't stop talking - I took my life in my hands and told him to "Shut the f*** up!". I must have sounded so furious he didn't make another sound.

Oh, and it was a great show by the way.
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: lesley mackie in judy#2
Posted: 9/16/08 at 1:08pm
"I'm not sure if this site is meant for nostalgia stuff."

It most definitely is! There are several of us here with long memories who love to talk about the glorious past, as well as the glorious present, of British theatre.

I didn't see Lesley Mackie in Judy but I can remember the huge positive fuss the show generated. I did see The Mitford Girls but didn't post on that thread simply because my online pal Wickedboy2 said most of what I would have said myself.
heckster2 Profile Photoheckster2 Profile Photo
heckster2
Swing
Swing
re: lesley mackie in judy#3
Posted: 9/16/08 at 3:09pm
ive changed my profile photo to show lesley and myself outside the stage door at the strand theatre. gee shes so small! i,m not tall. for some reason it looks like i have dirty face! lesley was wonderful, i wrote her so often and she never failed to send me photos and nice letters. i saw her in other shows, bells are ringing at cheltenham several times, brigadoon but she was never as good again for me. i have a few tv clips of her in character doing judy. thanks for your replies guys
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: lesley mackie in judy#4
Posted: 9/17/08 at 3:31am
I saw Judy at The Strand and thought it was a clever show but sadly with only 19 in the audience it was hard to get into the show. The starnd is a barn and the real Judy had more than 19 in her dressing room every night.
Lesley Mackie was stunning and the only other time i saw her on stage was in the doomed 'Brigadoon' at the Victoria Palace.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'