Broadway Legend
Phantom Of The Opera 2 - Love Never Dies#1
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:14am
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
oh delightful..... the phantom case gets better and better......
*rolls eyes*

You know... i think i may be secretly looking forward to seeing this lol
*runs and hides back in closet*
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The way I see it, there's no way it can be anything less than dreadful. And if it does end up with the appearance of a massive trainwreck, I will have to see it. I believe I've said it before, but I'll say it again: we should have a BWW group outing, get drunk, and heckle. re: Phantom Of The Opera 2 - Love Never Dies
lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oh, the whole thing is a nightmare. Can you imagine the car crash when it comes out? If anything comes of all these filthy belchings from the rumour mill, it'll be called something like Phantom of the Opera: Magic Floaty Dreamland Full Of Love And Stars Music And Roses And Dry Ice, and Ben Elton will be screaming into the WOS mic, "It's such an honour to be working with the great Andrew Lloyd Webber," while people like Lisa Scott-Lee, Noel from Hear'say and the cast of Coronation Street mill about saying how much they love Phantom. And of course the balding and irritating Johnny Vaughan will be there (along with his fat twin brother Danny Baker) to support Denise 'Prima Donna' Van Outen.

I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel doesn't happen.

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lets hope it doe's just that..... die!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I fear it will happen. What's more, Jack O'Brien- one hell of a talented man- will do his best to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, so that we end up with something slick and superficially attractive, but that is fundamentally MEDIOCRE and uninspired.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Voices from within the ALW camp are mumbling that the Lord is already starting to notice the general hostility towards his latest project from both within and outside the theatre world and speculate (hate that word) that he may very well abandon the project prior to it being fully staged and just make the obvious millions from a concept album that is already well into the planning stage.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
do you think it's 'love never dies' because he wouldn't want to cut out the demographic that doesn't understand the word 'eternal'?
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There is only one reason why I love the fact that there are more Broadway shows that want theatres then there are theatres to house them in. That is because I am crossing my fingers that this is a problem that will go on for a few years that way this thing never sees the light of day on Broadway.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
childcatcher2 Profile Photochildcatcher2 Profile Photo
childcatcher2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Give it a chance ! for gawds sake people !!!!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Love never dies' sounds tacky, like a James Bond Movie.

However all you pesermists I for one am looking forward to this one.

The only problem would be if he could top the effects in the original?
ThankstoPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phantom Of The Opera 2 - Love Never Dies#11
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:19pm
Sequels, unless written specifically as part of a series, are almost always pointless tag alongs that try to cash in on a successful, tasteful predecessor. This is that...
How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
musical_devotee Profile Photomusical_devotee Profile Photo
musical_devotee
Stand-by
Stand-by
People shouldn't be so downright negative. Let the man do his thing. If it sucks, there will be plenty of time to say it when the time comes.
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
There were groans around the place when he announced it on Sunday..
My view to the sequel is that I can't actually stand the original (yes, I'm crazy, yada yada heard it all before, it just annoys me so much! It might have something to do with having friends that are OBSESSED with it!) so, I don't really care, but give it a go re: Phantom Of The Opera 2 - Love Never Dies
A Fleur De Toi Profile PhotoA Fleur De Toi Profile Photo
A Fleur De Toi
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
'Love never dies' sounds tacky, like a James Bond Movie.

LOL that was the first thing i thought! I really do wanna give it a chance as seeing how Phantom was my very first intro to the world of musical theatre (chanced upon the olcr when I was 12 years old) but...Love never dies....ugh.
In Soviet Russia, Wicked hates you too!
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love Never Dies but I feel this show might.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phantom Of The Opera 2 - Love Never Dies#16
Posted: 9/16/08 at 10:17am
It sounds more like a Tag Line than a name of a show
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phantom Of The Opera 2 - Love Never Dies#17
Posted: 9/16/08 at 11:02am
Or a trashy Danielle Steel-esque novel...

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

ladybegood
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Phantom Of The Opera 2 - Love Never Dies#18
Posted: 9/16/08 at 11:23am
The original Phantom show was never actually a particular favourite of mine either, but am surprisingly curious about the sequel. It's not that I don't have reservations, but I do find the blind kneejerk negativity and repressivness to be a bit horrifyingly sheep like.

But the Wicked One's comments re voices from within the ALW camp, mumbling that the Lord is ALREADY starting to notice the general hostility towards his latest project, are a little surprising. If he hasn't been long aware of it then he's been living in outer space. And he has always been at pains to say that he will only go ahead if he is as sure as he can be that it works. This is a project that is obviously very close to his heart, and if he wants to do it then he has earnt the right to try. And he has earnt the right to try without blind presuption getting in the way. Personally, I would like to see it confound expectations, but how horrifying would it be if it did get stopped just because of the mouthings of the ignorant? Whatever it turns out to be, it should be allowed a fair hearing.

But what was very interesting indeed was actually the reference to a concept album!!! And as already well into the planning stage too! Is that real? It worked before! And that wouldn't be so silly an idea again. If it happened though, and it is well received, I can't imagine that the show wouldn't follow.
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Weez your idea is genius...a BWW outing to Phantom 2 whilst drunk sounds like perfection re: Phantom Of The Opera 2 - Love Never Dies
tbh like ladybegood, im not a big fan of the original, but i shall reserve judgement...!
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I usually reserve judgement, and am very outspoken about reserving judgement, but sometimes, something sounds just so horrible that even I can't stand up for it.

If it does make it to the West End, and I don't have to pay 60 for a ticket, I will probably have to see it. I figure that would be only fair after mouthing off about it so much. And I promise to take back all my mean words IF it turns out to be quite a good show after all. I don't mind being proven wrong; I just can't imagine it happening at the moment. re: Phantom Of The Opera 2 - Love Never Dies
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You don't have to sniff a turd to know it's gonna small...
ladybegood
Stand-by
Stand-by
Actually you would have to, but ignorance doesn't seem to inhibit sheep bleating.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
!
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ladybegood, if you are unable to anticipate circumstances from such basic residual knowledge, it would appear that your perception is more basic than a sheep's.