'Rain Man'

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Rain Man' #1
Posted: 9/9/08 at 12:24pm
'Rain Man'

Not all publicity is good publicity and with the new production of 'Rainman' faultering in previews this bit of publicity can't be good for the show.
The star of the new play, adapted from the Cruise/Hoffman film, Josh Hartnett is all over the press today with his claim against The Daily Mirror after the paper printed a story that he had been seen having sex in the library of a top West End hotel.

The play itself has been suffering badly with very poor reviews coming from previews. The play opens to the public on Sep 19th after an 8 day cancellation.
*some of this info is on another thread.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 9/9/08 at 12:24 PM
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Rain Man' #2
Posted: 9/9/08 at 12:45pm
Is he building up to a diva tantrum withdrawal due to press intrusion?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rain Man' #2
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:52am
Its been a little while since a production has drawn a whole set of mixed reviews such as 'Rain Man' has just pulled in.
Will they run it until its Dec 20th closing date to save face or could a Josh Hartnett be the first major Hollywood star to leave town early with egg on his face? The advance is very little and these reviews will not pull in serious theatre goers. The reviews make very interesting reading!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 9/23/08 at 04:52 AM
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Rain Man' #3
Posted: 9/23/08 at 9:09am
I think theres too many better, cheaper, plays going on for it to pick up much. But I might pop back to see how its improved/changed.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rain Man' #4
Posted: 9/23/08 at 9:39am
47 is pretty average for a play at the moment esp with a top Hollywood name tho as you say better quality can certainly be found. Kathleen Turner in 'The Graduate' had a top of 55 back in 2000!
(can I tempt anyone with 'Brief Encounter' at 39.50!!!!)
Updated On: 9/23/08 at 09:39 AM