Page: 1

'The Stage' has been robbed!

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'The Stage' has been robbed!#1
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:04am
.....thats how most people feel when they pay good money for such little crap!

(the offices of The Stage were burgled and lots of computer files stolen- thats the excuse for the next few weeks of the 'paper of the profession' as it continue its downwards spiral.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'The Stage' has been robbed!#2
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:11am
Burglary... tragic and everything, but I'm inclined to agree with you. I often buy it for the train home from town, but the past few times I've skimmed through it for about thirty seconds, finding absolutely nothing of interest or value.

Bless them though; nobody needs that.
Updated On: 9/5/08 at 08:11 AM
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'The Stage' has been robbed!#2
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:14am
Someone didn't want a bad review lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'The Stage' has been robbed!#3
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:29am
Its never more than 5 or 6 pages. Look at 'Variety' in the US! You would think we dont have an entertainment industry by looking at The Stage
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 9/5/08 at 08:29 AM
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'The Stage' has been robbed!#4
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:33am
What I hate is that they seem to be loving online drama right now. I mean, I've always skipped over the TV/radio stuff, but glorified ebutuoy?! Give me strength.
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'The Stage' has been robbed!#5
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:45am
I know people who still buy The Stage (or flick through it at the library) for audition postings, but that's about it. Articles and reviews are up for free on the website, as is Mark Shenton's blog of varying interest.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'The Stage' has been robbed!#6
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:48am
I used to buy this going home from school every Thursday and did so religiously until just 2 or 3 years ago.
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'The Stage' has been robbed!#7
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:51am
That's it exactly. One of the last couple of copies I bought actually referred me to the website for an article I would have wanted to read. Ridiculous.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'The Stage' has been robbed!#8
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:51am
I always check the news section of the website, because it's very easy to overlook an interesting news story on other websites. For instance, the channel 5 remake of 'Minder'. I never saw the original, I didn't care two hoots for the remake, the BBC News site said "oh look, they've cast Shane Richie!" and I cared EVEN LESS; then the Stage popped up and said "by the way, Lex Shrapnel's in it as well", and THEN I got interested. It's damned helpful to have a more industry-based approach to headlines, because people do have such wildly varied interests, and mine are so rarely catered for by the BBC's approach to headlines.