Page: 1

Hottest Ticket

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hottest Ticket#1
Posted: 8/29/08 at 5:03pm
Wicked and Jersy Boys are the hottest ticket in New York, but what is the hottest ticket in London?
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hottest Ticket#2
Posted: 8/29/08 at 5:04pm
I would assume either 'Piaf', for general unavailability, or 'Hairspray', as it still seems to be doing bally well.

Unless you want the hottest *show* in London, in which case, 'Zorro'. Any show that sets itself on fire repeatedly HAS to be in the running for hottest show, amirite? re: Hottest Ticket (Although 'The Bacchae' at the Lyric, Hammersmith was hotter, back in the day...)
AvenueQResident Profile PhotoAvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Hottest Ticket#2
Posted: 8/29/08 at 8:51pm
Probably 'Dirty Dancing'.

Unfortunately.
Everything in life...is only for now.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hottest Ticket#3
Posted: 8/29/08 at 10:26pm
Piaf
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hottest Ticket#4
Posted: 8/29/08 at 10:30pm
Weez, have you seen Zorro yet?
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hottest Ticket#5
Posted: 8/30/08 at 3:48am
I find it sad that Dirty Dancing can be considered a hot ticket anywhere in the world. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that this show doesn't come to NY. I am sure it will though, what with a US national tour starting next year. NYC is bound to happen for this show.

I might go just because I love a good car crash.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hottest Ticket#6
Posted: 8/30/08 at 6:56am
Yeah, I went the other week because I was feeling blue. And it worked, I totally cheered up. re: Hottest Ticket The only problem is that I now really want to learn stage combat and flamenco dancing.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hottest Ticket#7
Posted: 8/30/08 at 7:48am
Everyone hide!!!!!!!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hottest Ticket#8
Posted: 8/30/08 at 1:32pm
LOL Wickedboy!

"The only problem is that I now really want to learn stage combat and flamenco dancing."

I wouldn't mind learning a little flamenco dancing myself, especially after watching that talented cast. The three nights I saw it I think people were ready to dance. I went to a Gypsy Kings concert at Wolf Trap three weeks ago, and it was the same thing -- people were up and dancing around.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hottest Ticket#9
Posted: 8/31/08 at 8:56am
Cool we got Hairspray, Dirty Dancing and Piaf as the hottest ticket, I know the latter is a sell out, so must be the hottest ticket.

I am going to spin the question, we all know Phantom is the highest grossing show of all time in London and New York, but what is the highest grossing week-in, week-out show?
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Hottest Ticket#10
Posted: 9/1/08 at 3:17pm
"I wouldn't mind learning a little flamenco dancing myself, especially after watching that talented cast. The three nights I saw it I think people were ready to dance. I went to a Gypsy Kings concert at Wolf Trap three weeks ago, and it was the same thing -- people were up and dancing around."
The woman next to me started talking to me in the interval and said she was having trouble containing herself as it was so infectious! She wanted to jump on stage with everyone else =)
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hottest Ticket#11
Posted: 9/1/08 at 3:39pm
The highest grossing show in London week in week out is probably Wicked due to sheer ticket volume. Hairspray is well sold as well and discounts are still on the rare side so it would be up there though I'd have to recheck the capacity at the Shaftesbury.