DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS! (and long weekend chats!)

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dead boring all week then suddenly the board comes alive today!
Fab!
And that end of week Gin and Tonic works wonders too!
**F*** -It is Friday isnt it?????**
Help!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 8/30/08 at 11:02 AM
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#2
Posted: 8/29/08 at 4:15pm
I haven't had the chance to post since Monday.

I was in London part of the week and didn't even get chance to go to the theatre.

Busy week!
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#2
Posted: 8/30/08 at 9:42am
:o Scripps how could you!?!?!?!? lol
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#3
Posted: 8/30/08 at 9:55am
Yeah, I don't get that. I can't go to London without going to the theatre. Even when I've gone in for an afternoon job interview, which should then get me back home nicely in the early evening, I've ended up hanging around and seeing something in the evening as well. I am confused by, frightened of, and wary around people who can go to London without seeing any theatre. re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!
Updated On: 8/30/08 at 09:55 AM
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#4
Posted: 8/30/08 at 10:56am
I once had to miss out on theatre when in London for a meeting. It was horrible, I was constantly clock watching to see if I could hurry up and get out of the obligatory dinner to make it to something in time re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!
And now I'm talking about going to an open day in a couple of months and one afternoon seems to be turning into enough time to see three shows!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#5
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:14am
Sometimes, well nearly all the time really, i'll take an extra hour for lunch and just go see a show! Matinees can be fun- like Weez says, going to the theatre on the weekend can be a chore.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Phototoanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#6
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:18am
Theatre is like crack.

The next fix is always on your mind and you lie and make excuses to get it.

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#7
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:21am
Taboo! that is fantastic- so true! I've seen everything in town now and still i search thru the listings etc as to what to see next/again? I always have people saying to me that they can see anything with me because they know I've seen them all and will always go again!
I must also add that i simply adore going to the theatre on my own!
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#8
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:30am
I feel sorry for people who feel awkward about going to the theatre alone; if I only saw shows *with* people, I'd've only seen 'Wicked', 'Avenue Q', 'Metamorphosis', 'The Woman in Black', 'Equus', 'The Tempest', 'Equus', 'Mary Poppins', 'The Lord of the Rings', 'Blood Brothers', 'The 39 Steps', 'The Masque of the Red Death', 'Henry V', 'La Cage aux Folles', 'The Vortex', 'Merrily We Roll Along', 'Fat Pig', and 'Sunset Boulevard' since 2006. At least I still would've seen 'Henry V', but what a horrible thought, to have possibly missed out on so many other things!

And if you go alone, you can get pretty good solo seats, turn up five minutes before curtain, weave through the exiting crowds quicker, keep your programme all to yourself during the interval, see whatever the hell YOU want to see, whenever the hell YOU want to see it, and absorb the show at your own pace without having to discuss it with anyone. I mean, I'm sure it's nice to go with people once in a while, but... I'm all about solo theatre-going. :3
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#9
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:36am
awwww Weez goes to the theatre alone *hugs* lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#10
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:41am
I can picture her knitting in the bar at the interval! lol x
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#11
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:43am
I bet she knitted through Never Forget lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#12
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:44am
I wouldn't dare rustle a sweet wrapper or flick my program if she was within 3 rows of me!
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#13
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:46am
I've been on my own a few times, and i totaly agree with Weez that you can absorb the show at your own pace. My funniest time was watching a weekday matinee of Kiss Me Kate a few years ago and was seating almost amongst an old dears party. They were actually more entertaining than the show itself, and christ could they drink come interval time.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#14
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:49am
I swear i was NOT at that matinee!
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#15
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:53am
Hey! Why is this Friday thread still going - it's Saturday now and has been for most of the day.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#16
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:57am
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!

Going to 'Spamalot' again tonight but this time with 5 friends. We're all interested to see the Indian take (away) on King Arthur!
I've heard some very good reports on him but a lot say that there are far too many references to 'The Kumars' in his performance. He is supposedly, i was told this afternoon when i got our tickets, close to signing for the tour. Mass appeal wont do it any harm.

Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#17
Posted: 8/30/08 at 11:59am
I don't think the Kumars could raise my opinion of Spamalot.

I don't even think one of the knights impaling Michael Palin could raise my opinion of Spamalot.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#18
Posted: 8/30/08 at 12:00pm
Then you are to be sent to Norfolk for two weeks!
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#19
Posted: 8/30/08 at 12:03pm
The only thing that could drag me to 'Spamalot' would be Simon Russell Beale. Shame he's moved on. :P
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#20
Posted: 8/30/08 at 12:03pm
There's as much nonsense on this thread as there is on the Off-Topic board.

I am currently drinking a bottle of Blossom Hill White Grenache

(sorry - that should go on the Getting To Know You thread)
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#21
Posted: 8/30/08 at 12:06pm
Delete now Scripps = how very dare you!

Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#22
Posted: 8/30/08 at 12:07pm
Have you been to Homebase today Weez?
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#23
Posted: 8/30/08 at 12:11pm
Not for a few weeks actually. I went to them all in the area, and they weren't interesting, and I haven't been since. And I don't knit in theatre auditoria; I did it once, onstage. :P

I should probably try to leave the house at least once today though. It looks lovely out there and I should do something more substantial than constant internet. XD
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS!#24
Posted: 8/30/08 at 12:14pm
Yes - I go stir crazy when I don't go out of the house all day.

I also go stir crazy when I'm still in the London office at 7:00pm and TKTS has closed.