Page: 1

My Reviews From The Past Week..

Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
My Reviews From The Past Week..#1
Posted: 8/13/08 at 9:14pm
well during the break i've managed to take in 6 shows last week..

Spamalot - ****
Was really pleased with this show - being a monty python fan i had high hopes and was not disapointed... Michael Xavier i thought was by far the best and outshone the rest of the cast.. My only downside of the evening was Sanjeev Bhaskar. I hate it when "celebrities" who come onto shows from TV add their little bits in that they used on there TV shows.. Sanjeev insisted that every time he said britain he used an indian accent and shouted at the MD in indian... didn't really work for me.

Wizard Of Oz
I didn't really know what to expect from this as i've never attending the festival hall for a musical before. when i saw the set i thought quietly to myself what the hell is this?! - was totally bland..until the show started then i was swooped into kansas. All the principals were very good and i was getting very worried that there wasn't going to be a yellow brick road (thank god for revolves!!) The tornado scene was a bit dull and they could have done something a little better with that and i've also found out i HATE maroons. The only downside was the kids sitting behind me...who insisted on rattling an empty sainsburys bag for the first 3 scenes...until i turned round and shot him evils.. little sod lol!

Zorro - *****
I've found my new love!! Apart from the flaming Z which was utter crap - i loved this show. i have never been a fan of the gipsy kings but i was totally swept up in this show - Matt Rawle & Emma Williams were both fantastic in their roles (shock horror when emma got her arse out in the tin bath!)The girl playing Inez was outstanding and judging by her applause - she stole the show in my eyes. I do have a suspicion that a double was used for zorro at some points because it looked nothing like matt rawle and he looked like he was lip syncing (badly) but it may have just been my eyes. I just wish their were no trains beacuse every ten minutes (and despite emotion on stgae) the train would pass outsdie shaking the whole building lol! For those that are jubious about this show - GO! PS - when buying at the TKTS booth be careful....they have the habit i found out for adding an extra ticket onto your order (they chared me 90 for three tickets when i'd said twice i wanted one...i was not a happy queen!..neither was the ever building queue behind me)

Never Forget - **
What The Hell Was This? I have never been so bored in my entire life. Was in my opinion cheap (using smiffy wigs lol) and tacky and from the moment the overture started i knew i was gonna hate it. The saving grace of the show was the rain..(i want it) and the lad playing the geeky one! It was my luck that i was sat next to the avid take that fan who had watched the DVD far too many times and could recite every line (he stated heckling at one point) and if he didn't speak i would have thought i was sitting next to an american because he clapped at everything..(however he added a lovely bass line to the girls solo)and after paying 30 for my seat i was determined to get my moneys worth - hense why i was the only person in the stalls to be remaining seated at the end :)

They're Playing Our Song - *****
Well there i was - sitting on the front row getting all excited about the revolving record and piano (being the sad man i am lol) and i loved it from the first note to the end. Everything about the production pressed the right buttons. I'm by no means a connie fisher fan - but given credit were due she was fab! as was mcgowan! The alteregos were all great and it was the only show (apart from zorro) i was sad when it ended! a truly great show and i really hope this transfers when it finishes its run.

Brief Encounter - ***
Curiosity pulled me to this one - i really went to see how they did it in the cinema. Was very impressed. All the cast were great (the director/adpater was playing Myrtle and she was great...the banbury line still cracks me up!) The set was simple but i thought it work and hats off to the cast who all doubled up to play the instruments..speaking of instruments - the music i thought was the only element that let the show down. The emotion when laura left at the end leaving Alec alone on stage was fantastic...only for the cast member to pass him a banjo!?!?!!? an after the first break with the music it became slightly annoying (not as annoying as typically the fattest man in the theatre cam in late and sat right behind me with a bag of popcorn...after the evils he never ate another moutful!) But it was a good show and i feel it was just the music that let it down slightly.

x
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My Reviews From The Past Week..#2
Posted: 8/14/08 at 5:26am
Great reviews you sound like you had fun

Fave line in your review (in reference to the loud man sitting next to you)

"however he added a lovely bass line to the girls solo"

LMAO
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: My Reviews From The Past Week..#2
Posted: 8/14/08 at 7:11am
i honestly couldn't believe it - he was getting gradually louder and louder and his clapping was getting bigger and bigger - at one point he nearly smacked me in the mouth with his over flicky wrist.....wouldn't that have ended the evening perfectly!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My Reviews From The Past Week..#3
Posted: 8/14/08 at 7:21am
Well it serves you right for going to watch Never Forget lol, i hope you have learned your lesson?
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: My Reviews From The Past Week..#4
Posted: 8/14/08 at 9:47am
i i really have learned my lesson lol - needless to say i shan't be going again! And if going wasn't bad enough - it wasn't in the terms and conditions that if you sat on row B you got drench by an ensemble of arms flailing rain at you :| ggrrr
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My Reviews From The Past Week..#5
Posted: 8/14/08 at 4:45pm
"when emma got her arse out in the tin bath!"

I wondered what she was doing, fannying about in this show.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My Reviews From The Past Week..#6
Posted: 8/16/08 at 6:22am
I agree with you on every point in every review you posted.
...and 'Zorro' is my new love in town!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: My Reviews From The Past Week..#7
Posted: 8/16/08 at 7:42am
great minds wickedboy lol!

....i wish i could marry zorro....and have they're playing our song as the entertainment at the wedding night
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My Reviews From The Past Week..#8
Posted: 8/16/08 at 7:44am
Just as long as theres no Take That numbers played at the reception!!!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'