Page: 1

What is the best way to get good same-day seats for Zorro, Marguerite, and The Harder They Fall?

Lois
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I'll be visiting London this week and hoping to get good seats (for me, that is front stalls, the closer the better) for the Thursday matinee of Zorro and Wednesday and/or Tuesday performances of Marguerite and The Harder They Fall, and I am wondering what my best option would be--going to the Leicester Square booth, or trying the theater, and what the day seat policies are for those 3 shows, and where the seats are likely to be if I go for that option? I don't want to be stuck in the back orchestra or dress circle, but I don't want to pay full price for the shows if I don't have to, and it sounds like Zorro is the only one where that might possibly be necessary, but not for a Thursday matinee, I hope.

Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated--thanks in advance!
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Harder They Come is cheap and you can pick your seat on the website.

Marguerite's day seat policy is for row R of the stalls, so unless you find a discount code floating around you're going to pay full price. Zorro has no day seat discounts. You'll have to take your chances at the booth or pay full price.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For the Thursday matinee of 'Zorro' you will certainly get front stalls -a few friends of mine went last Sat matinee and they were sold 3 seats in row A just 1 hour before curtain! Row A is the third row. When i saw it i sat in row L. If you get row A you will certainly be part of the show as it is so huge.
I highly recommend this show- I loved it and hope to go again soon.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I got seats at the booth for Zorro (Thurs mat) and Marguerite (Thurs eve), both about 10 rows back - dead centre for the former, a little to the right for the latter. Neither were anywhere near full, but you may want to try and get them as early as possible.

And to echo WickedBoy's comments, I too loved Zorro whilst Marguerite was a little too . . . 'intense' for me. Some lovely music but with a strong whiff of overdone melodrama... re: What is the best way to get good same-day seats for Zorro, Marguerite,

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I found this for Marguerite:
Best seats for £25

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I observed in advert in todays Metro (London free newspaper) in a advert that you can get top seats for £27.50 if you ring a number and quote Metro reader offer, I am sure the number is the same as the one EastWickian has got in his link, however I left The Metro on mu dest, so have to check when I am in the office at 7am!

But my suggestion would be to go with EastWickian and save your self £2.50!!!!!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Both Zorro and harder they come, are all available from Tkts at half price..
Hope you enjoy all three shows and post back how you got on please.
Lois
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Thanks so much for all the advice! I just arrived in London and followed Eastwickian's advice and got 3rd row stalls for Marguerite at the box office for £25 for tomorrow. It was a little confusing, as the BO didn't know about the offer, but the phone number on that discount website connects to the BO, so I was able to use the offer in person. Tonight I'm seeing Piaf--got a standing room ticket this morning--and I'll go to TKTS for Zorro and The Harder they Come.
Lois
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
WickedBoy2, did your friends pay full price for Row A at Zorro, or did they have a discount? I was wondering where the TKTS tickets have been located. Thanks again for all the information!
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"night I'm seeing Piaf--got a standing room ticket this morning"

I suspect we ran into each other in the queue. I've got a day seat. =)
Lois
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Hi exedore, I guess that we did run into each other--we'll see who has the better view tonight, then! Enjoy!
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My tkts ticket for Zorro (Thursday matinée) row, dead centre, which was perfect. Hope you enjoy Piaf and Marguerite!