Page: 1

Sound of Music 2009 tour and the return of Connie? or some other big name?

Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its booking into venues for long periods of time so im thinking they have an ace up their sleeve on the casting front!
mikeyb16 Profile Photomikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Where did you hear that from? I didn't know it was planning to tour.
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its booked into the theatre I work at for ten weeks
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Which one? We've not heard about this production touring as of yet even tho its out of the Palladium in January.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sorry not saying which one, however David Ian has already confirmed he is touring it...its in the Flashdance programme in his biog.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We cast the Palladium but haven't heard about this tour. More info really if your gonna post such a big thread!!!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It is touring, and has been booking in to theatres for long stints (or so i heard)
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think we're talking Plymouth but wouldn't like to say for sure.
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Princeton2 says.....

"Sorry not saying which one, however David Ian has already confirmed he is touring it...its in the Flashdance programme in his biog."

Well Flashdance has only played Plymouth Theatre Royal so far, so it has to be Plymouth, where Flashdance is currently playing.

Accorginging to Dress Circle message board it is stated from the same David Ian biog. that David Ian is touring The Sound of Muisc, along with Spamalot, Grease and Chicago.
candydog2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Yup you know why I'm here and what I'm gonna ask......

Is it heading over to Ireland at all?
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So we are going to have a reality double whammy, they going to close The Sound of Music and Joseph in Januay? When is Grease closing for Legally Blonde?
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I read in The Stage this week that one of the producers of Joseph has said that they "will shortly be making an exciting announcemount about who the new Joseph will be".

So let's not take the closure thing for granted.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hope Joseph does not close forgot to mention that Spamalot is closing, Lion king is also rumoured all for January, speculation that Les Mis and Wicked may, do the same next year, there be nothing worth going to see! at hhis rate the Lord has to do 3 reality shows a yeat just to fill his bleedin premises!
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just can't see Wicked and Les Miserables closing in London. First off Wicked is a show that recouped its losses there not that long ago and from what I have heard is doing very good business. Why would they take it down at this point in the game.

And, I understand that the big british mega musicals have to close their original productions at one point or another. Dare I say that there will be a day when even Phantom closes at Her Majesty's Theatre. But, I was under the impression that Les Miserables has been doing steady business enough to keep it open for a good while.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Well, "The Mousetrap" has been playing for a good 57 years so I'm sure London will keep "Les Mis" and "Phantom..." for a good while on !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's strange. I sort of consider Les Miserables to be like Phantom on Broadway. That come hell or high water it will just always be there. Now, I am sure your going to say that I am forgetting Phantom in London which just like its broadway counterpart will always play. I just for some reason equal up Phantom on Broadway to Les Miserables in London. 2 shows that would never seem to go away.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They will be, they constantly play to 70/80% capacity.
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its funny. I still feel that if it wasn't for 9/11 Les Miserables on Broadway would still be playing.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Les Miserables had a revival, well past 9/11 and only lasted just over a year at the Broadhurst, I suspect you know this, as you are smart and Knowledgable. Don't get Les Miserables would still be open, if not for 9/11?
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I understand Les Miserables had a revival. I saw it a bunch of times.

What I mean is that if the tragic events of 9/11 didn't happen I feel that the original run would still be playing.

There were MANY shows on Broadway that had to close as a result of tourists not comming to NYC for A LONG time after the event. No one wanted to come to NYC at that point. With people leaving in droves who would blame anyone for not wanting to come to NY and see a show or two. There were many ads on TV that were pretty much gently twisting the arm of the viewr to come to NYC.

There was even a commercial (a now sort of famous one) where they have all the actors from all the shows in their costumes singing New York New York in the middle of an empty Times Square to get people to come to NY and see a show.

Many shows just couldn't get an audience so they closed right away due to lack of ticket sales. People thought that even something like Phantom was going to close because no one was seeing it.

I know Les Miserables had the revival passed 9/11. What I menat was if it were not for the tragic events of that day. Then the original production could still be playing on Broadway.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Weren't Les Mis grosses dropping on Broadway before 9/11
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They were dropping prior to 9/11 but it wasn't so bad that they had to close it. The nail in the coffin was the fact that NO ONE was coming to NYC. The cycle for the show for a few years prior to its closing was that it was hard for business through out the year but come the whole thanksgiving Christmas and new years time it got enough to keep it going until next year. It relied on the holiday tourists to keep it going until next year. In 2001 it didn't get the holiday tourist boost it needed to have it trudge through until next year. Keep in mind that it took a good couple of years for the tourist scene in NYC to be the way it used to prior to 9/11.

I feel that it was the whole no one would come to NYC for a few years thing. There were a few shows that failed due to business and thus closed in the time after 9/11. Les Miserables was just one of those shows.
Louisa
Swing
Swing
Has anyone heard anymore about this tour , When is it about to go on tour? And has anyone been cast yet ?

Page: 1