Page: 1

RSC Crowd Control (and Weez)

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RSC Crowd Control (and Weez)#1
Posted: 7/24/08 at 7:41pm
The RSC has announced that any 'Star Trek' or 'Dr. Who' fans that turn up at the stage door while David Tennent and Patrick Stewart perform 'Hamlet' will be bitterly disappointed. The company has stressed that the performers have been strictly instructed to only sign programmes from the production and not movie or TV merchandise.
Weez be warned!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 7/24/08 at 07:41 PM
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RSC Crowd Control (and Weez)#2
Posted: 7/24/08 at 7:46pm
I love my email from the RSC on this matter. It's nearly as hilarious as the ones the Barbican like to send me.

I wasn't planning on stagedooring, because I generally find it impersonal and creepy. But since reading the story on BBCNews, I now have this TERRIFIC hankering to stagedoor then studiously ignore Tennant and Stewart. I'll have happy fun squee times about Bath with Edward Bennett, or press Mariah Gale to tell me all about her 'Skins' episode, or something else equally silly and not-at-all-what-the-RSC-expect.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RSC Crowd Control (and Weez)#2
Posted: 7/24/08 at 7:54pm
What? They actually emailed you this load of crap! My god.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RSC Crowd Control (and Weez)#3
Posted: 7/24/08 at 7:57pm
Yeah, it's hilarious. re: RSC Crowd Control (and Weez) They don't cover the autograph thing, but the BBC have got it publicised, and it's printed up on the stage door.

Dear Hamlet Ticket Booker

We are delighted that you are coming to The Courtyard Theatre this year and we wanted to take this opportunity to remind you about our photography policy at the theatre, traffic updates and some information about the resale of tickets.

Photography

Given the profile of the actors who are involved in our production of Hamlet we understand that there might be a temptation to record or photograph parts of the production. This can be incredibly distracting to actors and other audience members and can cause significant disruption to the performance. We ask that you do not take photographs whilst in The Courtyard Theatre.

For further information we ask that you refer to the Terms and Conditions of Sale printed on the reverse of your tickets or visit the RSC Website.

We hope that you will understand that should anyone breach these conditions they may be refused admission or ask them to leave during the performance.

If you would like images of the production, there are souvenir high quality production images available to buy in our shops in the form of postcard packs, posters and programmes.

Ticket Exchange and Resale

The RSC is committed to providing live theatre for all and seeks to offer its customers the best possible service. We therefore actively discourage the reselling of tickets for profit or commercial gain and failure to comply may make your ticket and transaction void.

We appreciate that your plans change and the RSC offers the opportunity to exchange tickets received at the Box Office at least 72 hours before the performance for a credit which can be used as part or full payment against future bookings. Alternatively, we are sometimes able to resell tickets at the Box Office but we cannot guarantee a resale and we reserve the right to sell remaining tickets before returned tickets. This service is offered free of charge to RSC Members or 2 per ticket for non-Members.

For further information please refer to the Terms and Conditions printed on the reverse of your tickets or visit the RSC Website.

Planned Roadworks On A46 Summer 2008 Autumn 2009

Roadworks are currently underway on the A46 either side of the M40 junction 15 (Longbridge) Roundabout.

We would strongly recommend that everyone visiting Stratford-upon-Avon checks travel information and allows sufficient extra time for their journey.

tl;dr - "Dear Hamlet Ticket Buyer, We are assuming you are an idiot. Sit down, shut up, or we'll chuck you out like yesterday's jam."
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RSC Crowd Control (and Weez)#4
Posted: 7/24/08 at 9:09pm
Interesting... I seem to recall a similar announcement was made when Daniel Radcliff went into Equus, and I think a similar scenario was in place when Julia Roberts was on Broadway.
theatrejoe Profile Phototheatrejoe Profile Photo
theatrejoe
Understudy
Understudy
re: RSC Crowd Control (and Weez)#5
Posted: 7/25/08 at 5:15am
Ye, I also remember reading that at that time it was the only theatre in London to have barriers at the stage door. For obvious reasons.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RSC Crowd Control (and Weez)#6
Posted: 7/25/08 at 7:13am
lol my fella is off to watch this
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RSC Crowd Control (and Weez)#7
Posted: 7/25/08 at 10:04am
I got the email, too. Thought it pointless.

Now plan to call "Beam me up" whenever either of them come onstage!