'WEST SIDE STORY' Major New UK Tour Dates

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'WEST SIDE STORY' Major New UK Tour Dates#1
Posted: 7/19/08 at 11:52am
'WEST SIDE STORY' Major New UK Tour Dates

The first major UK National Tour of the UK by 'West Side Story' opens in September and plays major venues right thru until July 2009.
Tho this isn't the shows first tour it is by far the biggest. The show has toured in much smaller productions produced by Malcolm Knight Ltd (a 1970s/80s Kenwright kind of producer) and also by Bill Kenwright himself. Kenwrights production had such poor sets that Tony actually fell off the balcony in one performance in Norwich!
This new production, to coincide with the shows 50th birthday, has already played extensively and very successfully across Europe and Japan.
There are just a few theatres yet to confirm their bookings but these are the dates confirmed so far.

SADLERS WELLS July 22-31
WOKING Sep 2-13
MILTON KEYNES 16-27
SALFORD Sep 30- Oct 11
WIMBLEDON Oct 14 -Nov 1
GLASGOW Nov 11-29

CARDIFF Jan 6-17
SOUTHAMPTON Jan 27- Feb 7
NEWCASTLE Feb 10- 21
HIGH WYCOMBE 24- Mar 7
LEEDS Mar 10 -21
NOTTINGHAM 31- Apr 11
BIRMINGHAM Apr 21- May 2
EDINBURGH May 5- 16
ABERDEEN 19-30
SHEFFIELD June 2-13
BRISTOL 30 -July 11

Once the tour wraps up it returns to Sadlers Wells for 8 weeks before, a hoped for, full West end opening for Winter 2009.

At least its not the bi-lingual version that Broadway gets next year!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 7/19/08 at 11:52 AM
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am very confused, thought this was playing the Colesium in London?
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for the tour info. I might try to catch this while it's in Cardiff next January. Though I have to say I'm more inclined to see the new Arthur Laurents production in New York when I head over there next May. I don't speak Spanish but the idea seems intriguing LOL.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Got to see this production in Dusseldorf last weekend - very impressed! Might try to see it in the UK when it tours there - curious to see Sofia Escobar as Maria.
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
got my tickets to sadlers wells on the 30th
& to the after party
re: 'WEST SIDE STORY' Major New UK Tour Dates
x
theatrejoe Profile Phototheatrejoe Profile Photo
theatrejoe
Understudy
Understudy
I'm also very much looking forward to this production. There seems to be a venue missing from the tour list, my local theatre, the Regent theatre in Stoke-on-trent. Tuesday 16th- Saturday 27th of June 2009. Is this a re-creation of the original broadway production, i.e choreography, direction etc, or an all new production?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Stoke could very well be one of the theatres awaiting confirmation when we had the press drop last Thursday!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not to keen on the old American musicals such as South Paciffic or Carousel, but West Side Story is irresistable, so booked two tickets.
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Is there a website for the tour?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sadler's Wells have just had to add 3 extra matinees during its current run!

There was a website which for the life of me I cant find at the moment!
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thats the one! ....and its brilliant!
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thoroughly enjoyed it last night, glad its doing a full tour - lots more chances to catch it.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Brilliant article in The Times today.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for the heads-up WickedBoy - link below for those interested:
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/stage/article4431799.ece

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ONE day i'll learn how to link!!! xxx