WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Two and Only to close#2
Posted: 7/11/08 at 5:23am
'Dirty Linen' 8 years 1976.
Not much since really.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Two and Only to close#2
Posted: 7/11/08 at 10:17am
By coincidence we were given tickets for 2mrw nite just an hour ago. The total number of tickets sold for next week was 32!!!!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Two and Only to close#3
Posted: 7/11/08 at 10:34am
Total pity, as this is a great show that deserved a longer run. According to Jay Johnson's blog ( http://hellandhayes.blogspot.com ) there was quite a bit of mismanagement going about which can't have helped, especially since word of mouth really needs to build on a show like this.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Two and Only to close#4
Posted: 7/11/08 at 10:58am
Maybe the title refers to the number of weeks it played.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Two and Only to close#5
Posted: 7/11/08 at 11:07am
From what I've seen and know about this show its exactly the thing the West End needs right now- Fresh, different and very clever- excellent reviews to boot!!! I'm very much looking forward to the show 2mrw.
What a shame it wont be seen after Sunday.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Two and Only to close#6
Posted: 7/11/08 at 1:18pm
I'm very annoyed. I really wanted to see it but there's no way I can afford to get into town and see it before Sunday. re: Two and Only to close