'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#1
Posted: 7/10/08 at 1:37pm
'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th

I know there are a lot of people on here who will be very happy to here that First Night Records are releasing the London Cast Recording on July 28th.
Issue price 11

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 7/10/08 at 01:37 PM
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#2
Posted: 7/10/08 at 2:39pm
Ooh, nice price! I will most likely buy this one. Despite my complaints about the show itself, I'm almost sure they won't come through when I'm just listening to the CD. :)
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#2
Posted: 7/10/08 at 3:07pm
Been available to preorder on Dress Circle for a while..if you want to get your order in early!
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#3
Posted: 7/11/08 at 3:49am
Dress Circle also have signed copies for sale at no extra cost - I've already placed my order!

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#4
Posted: 7/12/08 at 8:30am
I found the show a bit corny but I really loved the music so I'm glad they've made a CD. I'm really looking forward to getting this CD and listening to the songs again.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#5
Posted: 7/12/08 at 1:02pm
I will be buying this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#6
Posted: 7/12/08 at 1:33pm
So will I :) !!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#7
Posted: 7/12/08 at 6:59pm
It will certainly be a better listen than a watch!
First Night never go very far with the CD presentation- expect a very boring package, tho of course I hope not!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#8
Posted: 7/12/08 at 7:25pm
First Night always have millions of ads for other CDs and hardly anything about the show - I hate them. I like the job that Really Useful and RCA Victor usually do.
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#9
Posted: 7/12/08 at 7:30pm
The very best packaged CDs are Nonesuch. I'd marry Nonesuch, if it were possible to marry a record label. PS Classics are pretty great as well. :3
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#10
Posted: 7/13/08 at 12:25am
Of the last few CDs to be released ' In The Heights' has gorgeous packaging.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Marguerite' -CD Out On July 28th#11
Posted: 7/13/08 at 11:43am
First Night always have millions of ads for other CDs and hardly anything about the show

That's only the budget reissues (catalogue numbers begin with OCR) - most of the first pressings ('Cast CD XX')have an article about the show, lyrics, production photos and cast and orchestra details. Having said that, the cast recordings on the smaller US labels are even more lavish and beautifully presented.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Updated On: 7/13/08 at 11:43 AM