Page: 1

Listing of West End Shows?

me2 Profile Photome2 Profile Photo
me2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Listing of West End Shows?#1
Posted: 7/6/08 at 4:45pm
I'm contemplating going to the West End next year so that I can see shows AND see the Jane Austen and Bronte houses. I usually go to NYC but would really like to see the literary sites in Britain.

Are there any sites that list West End shows so I can see what sort of things are playing?
Broadway Mouth: In a Jane Austen Kind of Mood: First Impressions
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Listing of West End Shows?#2
Posted: 7/6/08 at 5:01pm
http://www.theatremonkey.com has a list of everything that is playing at the moment and reviews of the production and theatres.
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Listing of West End Shows?#2
Posted: 7/6/08 at 5:07pm
If I were to post the best site for what's on stage in the West End this thread may get deleted, as it's not this site. I'll PM you.

If you want to see the literary houses you need to distinguish whether you want to see the places the authors knew and took as their inspiration or the places that were used in the films, as they are quite often different.

I live fairly close to Haworth where the Bronte sisters lived and have done the trek to Top Withens (the inspiration for Wuthering Heights) a number of times.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Listing of West End Shows?#3
Posted: 7/7/08 at 6:10am
I can picture a wind swept Scripps here!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Listing of West End Shows?#4
Posted: 7/7/08 at 11:33am
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Listing of West End Shows?#5
Posted: 7/8/08 at 2:32pm
"I can picture a wind swept Scripps here!"

It's an hour-and-a-half's walk from the nearest road and when you get there there's a ruined house, a dying tree and no cocktail bar in site.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Listing of West End Shows?#6
Posted: 7/8/08 at 8:48pm
and Kate Bush memorabillia!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'