Page: 1

James Gillan - after Wicked

childcatcher2 Profile Photochildcatcher2 Profile Photo
childcatcher2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
James Gillan - after Wicked#1
Posted: 6/22/08 at 9:18am
Does anyone know what the wonderful Mr. Gillan is up to now he has left Wicked. i know hes in the Stiles and Drew concert, but after that...? any news would be great, merci.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#2
Posted: 6/22/08 at 3:28pm
James auditioned for 'Priscilla' but sadly didn't make it thru. Having known James for over 10 years now he wont be out of work for too long. He is however taking a break after nearly 2 years in green!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#2
Posted: 6/22/08 at 5:51pm
I'm not too fussed about this man, I found him a rather average peformer, who tended to get on my nerves abit, especially when I met him after Wicked, I always stage door a show, once, and when I met him, I handed him my programme for him to sign, without realising it was the wrong way round, he then winked at me and in a disturbing voice said "Oh, you like it upside down do you?" After that, I have no respect for the man, I just thought, "Are you confusing me with someone that knows you, or atleast gives a crap!"
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#3
Posted: 6/23/08 at 3:25am
Maybe he was just trying to be friendly. He was probably tired after two hours onstage.
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#4
Posted: 6/23/08 at 4:36am
Oh, i realise that, just at the time, it REALLY creeped me out!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#5
Posted: 6/23/08 at 5:18am
James' really nice! And I'm sure he was just being nice! I think he's quite underused in a very small role in Wicked.
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#6
Posted: 6/23/08 at 5:50am
How can a comment like that 'creep you out'??????
You have certainly taken him the wrong way, he is not like that in anyway. As i said he's been a friend of mine for awhile now and this is not him.
Maybe it was you that was having a bad day or maybe you freaked him out because havent you seen 'Wicked' numerous times???
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 6/23/08 at 05:50 AM
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#7
Posted: 6/23/08 at 7:23am
I think I'd be creeped out too though if a complete stranger said that to me...
childcatcher2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#8
Posted: 6/23/08 at 8:21am
I am also mates with Mr Gillan, but hes dreadful for not getting back to texts/ calls hence the original question at the top of the post.
James is a great guy, very funny and charming and to suggest that his witty line was "creepy" is ridiculous. Do you have no sense of humour ? I think its a bit difficult for the whole cast of wicked as you cant just walk away after you finish work as they get mobbed when they come out every night for one and a half years in james case. I was just suprised that the cast are always so nice. James is a class act !
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#9
Posted: 6/23/08 at 10:13am
All I meant was it's a bit strange to make an innuendo like that to someone when you've never met them before, nothing to do with not having a sense of humor.
toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Phototoanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#10
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:04am
*shrug*.

i would have laughed...

cages/wings?
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#11
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:27am
He winked at my (male) friend all the way through the show when we got day seats last summer, and spent plenty of time chatting to us at the stage door involving many innuendos! We found it very funny.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#12
Posted: 6/23/08 at 4:04pm
The problem with half the people who 'stage door' they automatically think that whoever they meet at that stage door are their 'friends'! If you make yourself known to them then they will play with you but nothing is ever meant in a bad way- it wouldn't be good for their image to start with. If you like I will tell james to never bother with stage doorer's(?!) in the future. Im telling you now he would be more than happy. I've been with him on many occasions when he was doing 'Tommy' 'Starlight' and 'Wicked' when we've been followed from the stage door to the pub! How 'creepy' is that????
legally_wicked
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#13
Posted: 6/24/08 at 9:49am
Unless you're talking about the Spoons that is right next door in which case plenty of fans go in there for a drink after the show and don't bother the actors.
helsy Profile Photohelsy Profile Photo
helsy
Swing
Swing
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#14
Posted: 8/16/08 at 4:35am
re: James Gillan - after Wicked

Hi there,

Just to let you know for anyone interested from November 22nd 2008 through to January 31st 2009 James will be returning to his role of Peter Pan in the West Yorkshire Playhouse production of Peter Pan in Leeds. I have posted ticket information on the main page of James' website.

Helen x

http://www.jamesgillan.org
childcatcher2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#15
Posted: 8/17/08 at 6:11am
Excellent... I will get it booked.
BWF Profile PhotoBWF Profile Photo
BWF
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#16
Posted: 8/17/08 at 8:09am
So winking is, winking non grata now?
The great thing with human brains is they're fanless, nice and quiet although I'm sure mine whistles a bit sometimes.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: James Gillan - after Wicked#17
Posted: 8/17/08 at 9:10am
George and Andrew wrote this 'Peter Pan' specificly for James many years ago and over a period of many years. The three have been long time friends. The recent Royal Festival Hall production was not perfect and they were far from happy with it so this time they hope to get it spot on.
At the very least this year they have a proper theatre to stage it in.
Updated On: 8/17/08 at 09:10 AM