What's Darius thinking???

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What's Darius thinking???#1
Posted: 6/2/08 at 12:37pm
What's Darius thinking???

'mmmm, perhaps I can get an audition for the next season of 'Britains Got Talent'???'

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#2
Posted: 6/2/08 at 12:40pm
"When is Michael leaving Hairspray?"
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#2
Posted: 6/2/08 at 12:45pm
lol

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#3
Posted: 6/3/08 at 6:35am
'I wonder what would happen if I gave myself a break, and came to the realisation I have no talent and should never even set foot in a London theatre again?'

The answer is: The world of Musical Theatre would be a better place! lol!
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#4
Posted: 6/3/08 at 6:36am
or 'Maybe I should come out of the closet? That might draw some attention to me for a while....'
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: What's Darius thinking???#5
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:39am
"I knew Trevor should have let me sing 'Hit me Baby', its what the audience want... what they really, really want"

alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#6
Posted: 6/3/08 at 9:53am
"Do you think they noticed I'm wearing a rug?"
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#7
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:18am
"Damn it, my mother told me not to play with Superglue- now look at me!"
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: What's Darius thinking???#8
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:49am
God, tonight my fingers remind me of this show. They stink.
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#9
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:07am
Deathstar, that's vile! :)

"If I pray really hard, maybe I'll wake up and it'll all be just a dream"
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: What's Darius thinking???#10
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:27am
lol

x
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#11
Posted: 6/4/08 at 6:33am
The prize is shared by Deathstar (hernia ,laughing here-office in hysterics) and Luke H***s first post (no talent).
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: What's Darius thinking???#12
Posted: 6/4/08 at 8:38am
Hurrah for us *bows low, rips trousers*

!x
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#13
Posted: 6/4/08 at 10:28am
I have a needle and thread.
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#14
Posted: 6/4/08 at 10:48am
A late entry:

"Sure, I'll be fine taking a crap here. After all, nobody's watching."

PS Don't let Wicked anywhere near you with his corny old "I'll sew that up for you" routine!!!
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: What's Darius thinking???#15
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:07pm
Too late, he stitched me up beautifully!!

x
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#16
Posted: 6/4/08 at 2:18pm
brrum ching!
Scot3
Swing
Swing
re: What's Darius thinking???#17
Posted: 6/4/08 at 5:13pm
and bless all those dear sweet critics....

Darius Danesh is a sturdy, manly Rhett, with a good, deep voice and bags of swaggering arrogance.
He is clearly talented - Daily Express

he has the sauntering suavity that Gable brought to the role of Rhett - The Times

The diabolically dashing Darius Danesh (of Pop Idol fame) brings a seductively insolent charm, a dark velvet voice and a genuine, fugitive pathos to the cynical blockade runner - The Independent

Mr Danesh has a husky bass voice and is dashing, even if, with his mutton chop whiskers and long legs, he resembles a Victorian villain from a Monty Python sketch. - The Mail

Darius Danesh also endows the morally dubious Rhett Butler with a graceful virility and residual guilt.- The Guardian

the true star of the show is Darius Danesh, ....with a performance of subtlety and roguish charm as Rhett Butler - Metro

Darius Danesh, him off Pop Idol, scored a personal triumph as Rhett..... he commanded the stage, kept his accent together and even found a new way to say "I don't give a damn" - New Statesman

Darius Danesh’s Rhett has all that’s required, devilish eyes, a sonorous voice, a lot of slicked black hair and something extra too, the god-like swagger of a young Sean Connery. - Spectator

...Darius Danesh as the dashing daredevil Rhett Butler, whose voice could charm the birds from the trees.- Mail On Sunday

Darius Danesh's Rhett - growly and smugly disdainful - was dominating,- the Observer

Bestriding this shallow world like a colossus, and the only reason this gets two stars rather than one, is Darius Danesh, commanding and charismatic as that “insufferable peacock” Rhett Butler. - The Sunday Times

Darius Danesh cuts an imposing figure. His dark looks, deep voice and stature are apt for this roguish romantic hero - The Official London Theatre review

has a surprisingly authoritative and charming presence as Rhett - Bloomberg.com

Darius Danesh as Rhett Butler has more star power and several decent chances to show off his resonant bass voice.- Variety

Darius Danesh is something of a revelation. The former Pop Idol sings marvellously - The London Paper review

and so on.

This is a guy who could be a great musical theatre performer and actor but he gets no positivity or even fair coverage from the national media or from a large section of the UK public who are very vocal in dissing him although they have never personally seen him live on a stage.
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: What's Darius thinking???#18
Posted: 6/5/08 at 4:40am
I wouldn't deny that he is talented, or determind.

He did what he said he would to the Pop Idol judges get himself a No1 selling record. Good for him. I was delighted when he proved them wrong and got what he wanted.

Handsome, booming voiced, dashing and all that, he is too. I am sure he will continue to bedazzle us with his charms and talent in many West End shows - but for most people he does come across as a pillock! Lovely though I am sure he is!

Updated On: 6/5/08 at 04:40 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#19
Posted: 6/5/08 at 4:42am
I totally agree but he has to get rid of his 'up himself' attitude. All being said, i wish him luck because he his very talented and very determined.
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#20
Posted: 6/5/08 at 7:10am
Wicked, you're only saying that because you've seen up his kilt!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#21
Posted: 6/5/08 at 7:11am
I can dream! Cant I?
Scot3
Swing
Swing
re: What's Darius thinking???#22
Posted: 6/5/08 at 1:03pm
I don't understand this " he's up himself" allegation at all.It's just as far from the truth as I know it, as the claim that he's talentless.

Have you ever worked with Darius Danesh or perhaps met him at social events or at the stage door or anywhere else?

I've always found him to be a true gentleman who treats everyone with respect.

It saddens me that many people in the UK nowadays seem to equate being articulate and well mannered with being a snob and that the media seem to positively champion 'chav' culture.

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Darius thinking???#23
Posted: 6/5/08 at 1:09pm
Not one person on here thinks he's talentless. He just loves himself to such a degree that the general public back off from giving him the support he would receive if he acted like any normal performer- thats the point people are trying to convey here.
You joined the board today just to say that???
Updated On: 6/5/08 at 01:09 PM
Scot3
Swing
Swing
re: What's Darius thinking???#24
Posted: 6/5/08 at 2:06pm
I never join a discussion board straight away. I always just read at first. I register only when I can no longer remain silent and only if I intend to continue to contribute as a member.

Page: 1