Page: 1

Last perf of Broadway 'Rent' for cinemas!!!

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The final Broadway performance of 'Rent' on Broadway will be filmed and released in cinemas around the USA. That means a DVD release in the UK?

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 5/23/08 at 10:40 PM
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wouldn't automatically assume that this would mean a DVD release. I know it won't be on DVD in America that's for sure. There are and have been other things like this that have been shown in movie theatres that don't get released onto DVD. For example, the Met Opera shows some of their productions in movie theatres but they don't bring them out on DVD afterwards.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It was just a thought.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah i don't think it will be available on dvd, as Winston says they have shown things like the Operas and certain sports events etc at Cinemas there but they never get a dvd release.

However

This is Rent, and its the same studio who released the film and its also their final show, so you never know

Im sure a bootleg will be available anyway lol

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thats why i posted this as an 'however'!!
The last performance of 'Smokey Joe's Cafe' on Broadway was recorded and has been on DVD for the last 10 years!!!! 'Rent' being a little ore of a money spinner than 'Joes' they wont leave it for long on a few rolls of celluloid following a week or two in cinemas.
'Rent' isnt being shown live on the last night.
The Met Opera productions are screened live in selected cinemas and depending where you are in the States you could find yourself in a cinema in the morning to catch a presentation. The 'Rent' screenings are for normal cinema release NOT a one off screening that night!
Updated On: 5/23/08 at 08:21 AM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If they are wanting to make money off it it would make sense they release it on dvd, however i dont think they will want to jeopardize future productions of it (especially the upcoming tour in 2009 with Anthony and Adam) by making it available on dvd

Though maybe sony are looking to make some money back of Rent after the film (which i actually really liked) did not make anything at the cinema
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What do i know?
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
we know nothing lolol

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As if you'de catch me queing outside the Odeon Leicester Sq to see it anyway?? Duh!

songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh you would so be there
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wrong! Id rather watch 'Kung Fu Pandas' lol

songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rent is so good (i love it)

But a Panda..who does kung fu (oh i feel i could love that too)
Updated On: 5/23/08 at 09:29 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For more info on what Sony intend doing with with these screenings take a look at
http://the-hot-ticket.com
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It isn't made clear if these are going to have a release on DVD or if it is just going to be a one time showing or if they are going to show it more then once.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its being released for limited cinema release at Christmas. This release does not include the UK.
No mention of a DVD release, it was just me think that they may do a release at some time.