Page: 1

Girls night... the smash UK HIT??????????

harris007 Profile Photoharris007 Profile Photo
harris007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Girls night... the smash UK HIT??????????#1
Posted: 5/20/08 at 9:26pm
this show is touring around the usa to smaller theaters, it's being billed as "the smash uk hit" i never heard of this show, i read whats it's about it doesnt sound like a "hit " at all , can anyone tell me bout this?
Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ive never heard of it and i wok in a touring theatre so im gonna guess it wasnt that much of a hit
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Allow me... Girls Night toured the UK from May - October 2006 -never saw it but in a nutshell it was about a woman who liked to party, she got killed in a moped accident and then came back as an angel to look down on all her ageing friends lol. was basically another Jukebox friend compiling all our "seventies favourites"....hmmm

Dug out the review in The Stage and was all positive - the word 'Hit' was used once at the the end - "A Feel Good Hit If Ever There Was One"

EDIT - ooo just remembered - it had the one of the winners of Musicality in it - the scottish woman with the teeth..can't remember he name..played mama morton in town for a while...

and speaking of scottish, SADM2...whats that well known material that is traditional in scotland?? Begins with a T? nope..can't remember! hehehehe lol
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
Updated On: 5/21/08 at 12:49 AM
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think i saw this in Woking? didn't it involve a stripper and a drag queen?
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
*hits anon2 in face lol*
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There are loads of trashy jokebox musicals like this that tour around the UK playing to audiences with no discernment. They have titles such as Hot Flush, Menopause: the musical, and Shout. They never make it into the West End.

Please don't waste your time or money seeing this - such shows just give the UK a bad name. Try to think of us as producing higher quality musicals such as Gone With the Wind and Gone With the Wind.
Updated On: 5/22/08 at 04:34 PM