'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!#1
Posted: 5/15/08 at 8:52am
'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!

The Chichester Festival Theatre production of 'Calenar Girls' is to open in the West End in November.
Tim Firth has adapted the famous film for stage presentation in Chichester in September. It will then play a week in at the Kings Theatre Edinburgh while it is set up for a pros theatre in London. There's a possibility that it may book another week at another venue prior to London to tighten the production.

Great news, and im sure we will also be seeing Chichester's production of 'Funny Girl' move into town before then! I certainly hope so- it opened last week to full out rave reviews.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 5/15/08 at 08:52 AM
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!#2
Posted: 5/15/08 at 10:49am
Not really a fan of the film but will be interesting how they adapt this to the stage. More interested to see if Funny Girl or The Music Man will transfer tto the West End though I think it more likely than Calender Girls will transfer as most of thr Chichester Theatre london transfers have been plays.
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: 'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!#2
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:04pm
Music Man is set to transfer in
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!#3
Posted: 5/15/08 at 12:07pm
You would be surprised at the number of musicals Chichester has sent to the West End in the last 30 years.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: 'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!#4
Posted: 5/15/08 at 2:54pm
Indeed ... I think because it didn't do much 2004-7, the newbies forget re: 'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: 'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!#5
Posted: 5/28/08 at 5:13am
Will it be a play or a musical?
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!#6
Posted: 5/28/08 at 5:21am
Would love The Music Man to get a transfer!
Updated On: 5/28/08 at 05:21 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!#7
Posted: 5/28/08 at 6:24pm
Its a play!
BUT wouldnt it be a great musical? x
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: 'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!#8
Posted: 5/28/08 at 7:30pm
think so !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: 'Calendar Girls' Get A Date!#9
Posted: 5/28/08 at 8:30pm
Music Man is under question marks now for a west end run