Page: 1

London 'Phantom Of The Opera' -'To Close'

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A friend of mine works a lot with Camerons office. For 2 or 3 days solid after the announcement last week that 'Phantom' would close for 3 days /4 performances to install a new sound system -the box office went a little crazy. It took in many 1000s more than it was normally doing because a great number of people panicked and booked thinking the show was finally closing.
Come on people, its not like they had to read the small print or anything!
She was quick to say that under no circumstances would people get a refund if they were to say they booked thinking it was closing.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 5/7/08 at 06:08 AM
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well I certainly wasn't one of them.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
oh i got so excited then
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ditto
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Were you both gonna run and buy tickets! lol

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe it would be shrewd of Camerons and Co to invest in a new sound system before every new booking period!

I can now see the Majestic getting a urgent re-wire!
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wouldn't be shocked to hear that they are going to bring the same sound system to Broadway.

In the article I read about it it said that the sound system that they are going to install in London is the same sound system that they have in the Vegas production. It wouldn't shock me to hear that they are going to put the same sound system in on Broadway and have all 3 major open runs of the show have the same sound system.

When I first read the title of the thread my reaction was a sarcastic "its going to close in London...for 3 performances."

I assume that if someone bought tickets in advance for one of the performances that are now going to be canceled I assume that they will be able to change tickets for another night. No?
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Updated On: 5/7/08 at 09:05 PM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its already done in London and the show is back up and running!