Page: 1

Need to sell tickets bought in US

ken8631 Profile Photoken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Need to sell tickets bought in US#1
Posted: 4/25/08 at 9:56am
I was going on a business trip next week to London. It's been cancelled. Will the box office let me cancel? If not, can I sell them on Ebay or here (for face value or less)? I am supposed to pick up the tickets at the box office with my credit card, which I obviously can't now. Suggestions? I'm trying to call or email the box offices with no luck so far. I have tickets for May 3 for Les Mis, and on May 2 for The Woman in Black. Decent seats for each.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Ken
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Need to sell tickets bought in US#2
Posted: 4/26/08 at 2:44pm
you could try contacting the theatre directly, some have a policy where they'll refund so much back to you, minus an admin fee etc.

failing that you can try seeling them online, but i doubt you'll get much for them as they're not the 'hot ticket' shows as such
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
ken8631
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Need to sell tickets bought in US#2
Posted: 4/28/08 at 12:27pm
Called the Fortune theatre (couldn't get through to Les Mis yet)- they said they could exchange them for a later date... No idea when I'll be able to go though.

Ken
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Need to sell tickets bought in US#3
Posted: 4/28/08 at 12:31pm
You'll find exchanging or re-selling seats far easier with London theatres than anywhere else. Keep trying them and i'm sure you'll get the help you need.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
ken8631
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Need to sell tickets bought in US#4
Posted: 4/28/08 at 4:30pm
Thanks - I'm trying!