Page: 1

WestEnd Theatre Fanmail

philly03 Profile Photophilly03 Profile Photo
philly03
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
WestEnd Theatre Fanmail#1
Posted: 4/9/08 at 8:35pm
Hello! I'm from the US clearly and just wondering if the actors + actresses of the West End receive fanmail via the stage door?

Do you just send it like we do to the Theatre or is there a specific address you need..?

For the record, I'm looking to write Jill Paice in Gone with the Wind. And how can I go about finding the address of the New London Theatre? All I keep getting is: Drury Lane, London.

Help would be appreciated! Sorry if this entire thing just sounds stupid!
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: WestEnd Theatre Fanmail#2
Posted: 4/10/08 at 4:37am
Thats because it is Drury Lane!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
tigerlily2
Understudy
Understudy
re: WestEnd Theatre Fanmail#2
Posted: 4/10/08 at 5:07am
The New London Theatre is ON Drury Lane....I'm sure if you send it to The New London Theatre, Drury Lane, London it will find it's way. lol
GlennMeads Profile PhotoGlennMeads Profile Photo
GlennMeads
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: WestEnd Theatre Fanmail#3
Posted: 4/10/08 at 4:47pm
New London Theatre
Drury Lane
London
WC2B 5PW
Updated On: 4/10/08 at 04:47 PM
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: WestEnd Theatre Fanmail#4
Posted: 4/10/08 at 5:09pm
New London
Drury Lane
WC2B 5PW

Possibly one of the best/most concise addresses ever. XD
philly03
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: WestEnd Theatre Fanmail#5
Posted: 5/3/08 at 11:12pm
If I were to request a 'programme' from a show, would I need/should I send anything other than an envelope? Or since they cost money do I have to send certain money..or is there another way to do it?! Thanks again!
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: WestEnd Theatre Fanmail#6
Posted: 5/4/08 at 6:00am
Can't you get it from the e-store?
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
Updated On: 5/4/08 at 06:00 AM
simon_wilkie
Understudy
Understudy
re: WestEnd Theatre Fanmail#7
Posted: 5/4/08 at 9:16am
If you want the brochure, you can probably do that from the online store, but if you want the Playbill-type programme you will be best contacting the stage door by phone and they can usually sort it out. I'm sorry I don't have the number though!

If not, try ringing the Dewynters London office (if they are doing the merchandising???) and they can sort you out usually. Or they have done for me in the past.

You'll usually have to pay by card/cheque.

Hope that helps. They might not even print two separate things though. Most newer shows seem to have stopped printing separate programmes/brochures unfortunately!
philly03
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: WestEnd Theatre Fanmail#8
Posted: 5/4/08 at 1:10pm
When I wrote Jill Paice (again) she kindly sent me a program that seemed like a playbill..but it had the rehersal pictures in it? Is that what you mean by their only being one program?