New Elphaba is#1
Posted: 4/1/08 at 11:07am
Alexia Khadime, a former Nala in the Lion King
michael2
Understudy
Understudy
re: New Elphaba is#2
Posted: 4/1/08 at 11:40am
People on the Wicked uk forum seem to think it is Ashleigh Grey.

NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
singingadream
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: New Elphaba is#3
Posted: 4/1/08 at 12:53pm
I am so glad its confirmed....
It was first state a couple of weeks ago that it was Alexia im glad now its all offical.
Alexia is amazing!
cages/wings?
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: New Elphaba is#4
Posted: 4/1/08 at 1:02pm
People on the Wicked UK forum want it to be Ashleigh Gray. You try and tell them that there have been auditions and it will be someone new and you just get ignored. Same as when you explain that Gregory Maguire mentioned a film around 2014... they still believe the film will be out this year.

You may be able to tell that I have lost patience with that particular forum.

I saw Alexia last week, she is incredible.

What I want to know is, what happens to her when we get landed with Little Miss Ellis again in November?
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Elphaba is#5
Posted: 4/1/08 at 1:42pm
Might that mean Alexia will go to Broadway?

I know Kerry Ellis is good but she has been in the London show for a really long time, why does she need to come back so soon after her stint in NYC
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: New Elphaba is#6
Posted: 4/1/08 at 2:17pm
I was disappointed with Kerry Ellis I have to say, although she did improve in Act 2. Shona White has been the best ive seen so far
Marcus2
Understudy
Understudy
re: New Elphaba is#7
Posted: 4/1/08 at 2:38pm
Apparently the Broadway contract included the clause of returning to the west end production. She wants to go to Broadway so its a good oppurtunity.

Am very exciting about this new Elphaba, first Black lead (Sanyco (spelling?) was understudy same as Brandi). Her voice is brilliant and can't wait to see her Elphaba!
WordedGrace Profile PhotoWordedGrace Profile Photo
WordedGrace
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: New Elphaba is#8
Posted: 4/2/08 at 4:07pm
Saycon Sengbloh was the Elphaba Standby but I'm not about Brandi Shavonne Massey but Saycon was amazing when she was on
I'm not gonna hate you in the magazines, (I'm better than that) I'm not gonna compromise my Christianity, (I'm better than that) You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet Cause my momma taught me better than that.
legally_wicked
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: New Elphaba is#9
Posted: 4/2/08 at 4:27pm
Am glad we're getting someone new, it'll be a nice breath of fresh air.

"People on the Wicked UK forum want it to be Ashleigh Gray. You try and tell them that there have been auditions and it will be someone new and you just get ignored. Same as when you explain that Gregory Maguire mentioned a film around 2014... they still believe the film will be out this year."

lol which Wicked forum is this?
make_him_mine
Swing
Swing
re: New Elphaba is#10
Posted: 4/2/08 at 5:25pm
According to the wicked website Kerry Ellis returns as Elpheba December 1st
cages/wings?
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: New Elphaba is#11
Posted: 4/2/08 at 5:49pm
The official Wicked UK forum at iVillage. I'm pretty sure most of them think Eyedeena Mentzal is still in the London production.
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Elphaba is#12
Posted: 4/2/08 at 8:21pm
Kerry Ellis is just for the summer/fall on Broadway. I think that the new Elphaba might be demoted to standby until Kerry leaves. This is of course depending on how much time Kerry will have left with the London production. Which I don't know. And the whole current Elphaba being the standby for the time being is just a guess. I didn't read that anywhere or anything like that.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll