Our House

benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Our House#1
Posted: 3/31/08 at 7:02am
Hey guys.. sorry i know there have been a few threads on this but just wondered about the set they are using for the tour?
Have they got a new one or are they using the same set.. along with the conveyor belts etc..
Also.. i may sound really dumb but how the hell do they do the end of Act 1 when Joe is in two places at once.. i was thinking doubles but im not too sure.. :S
Thanks

P.S.. Any news on dates Our House??
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Our House#2
Posted: 3/31/08 at 7:14am
yeh its doubles. x
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Our House#2
Posted: 3/31/08 at 7:16am
I thought so, but i was continuously watching them and i can't see where Michael goes off!!
Very Very clever, i love this show and am praying it comes to Southampton
Thanks
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Our House#3
Posted: 4/25/08 at 2:30pm
Its at The Mayflower in Southampton in October

http://www.ourhousethemusical.co.uk/tour.php
Updated On: 4/25/08 at 02:30 PM
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Our House#4
Posted: 4/25/08 at 3:30pm
YES!!!!
Im soo excited :re: Our House
I will be there in Southampton without a doubt :re: Our House
Thanks N.S
I just can't wait until tickets go on sale :re: Our House:)
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Our House#5
Posted: 4/25/08 at 5:14pm
The Brum rep is a producing house so i would imagine they will use their own set for the tour. I would imagine the West End set was destroyed some time ago as no plans were made for it to tour when it failed at the Cambridge.
In my opinion, and many others, this show should still be running now and not tripe like 'We Will Rock You'- at least it got the audience to use its mind - something thats asking a lot of of todays audiences!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 4/26/08 at 05:14 PM
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Our House#6
Posted: 4/26/08 at 2:14am
tickets to members go on sale Thursday, so to the public id guess from the thursday after that
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Our House#7
Posted: 4/26/08 at 4:03am
Damn, i love the original set, hopefully this one will be as good :)
It seemed just perfect with the conveyor belts etc.
And i agree, it should still be running in London.
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Our House#8
Posted: 4/26/08 at 2:21pm
I think it'll be scaled down compared to what the west end set was, especially being that its got to adapt to lots of different sized tour venues.

but i'm looking forward to seeing a new set, and a fresh take on the show, i hope that even though its the same creative team working on it, i hope it isnt just a replication of the london show.
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Our House#9
Posted: 4/27/08 at 4:35am
Was there ever a cast recording for this show?
Any other news on any forthcoming tours... I believe Carousel is going on tour with Lesley Garret..
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Our House#10
Posted: 4/27/08 at 1:20pm
re: Our House

Sadly, no there wasn't a cast recording. All they did was repackage a greatest hits album and encased it something that used the street name artwork of the show.
Of course the DVD is out and you must have that, no?

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 4/27/08 at 01:20 PM
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Our House#11
Posted: 4/27/08 at 1:52pm
Yes i have the DVD :)
Absolutely love it
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Our House#12
Posted: 4/27/08 at 5:27pm
re: Our House

...and the CD you don't need or want.

Updated On: 4/29/08 at 05:27 PM
musicalfan07 Profile Photomusicalfan07 Profile Photo
musicalfan07
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Our House#13
Posted: 5/2/08 at 10:56am
**SPOILERS GALORE!!**

Am I right in thinking that in the West End production, The Joe who stayed at the begining got sent down for man slaughter at the end, while the Joe who ran away at the begining got married to Sarah at the end? It's just because, that's how I remember it, but the tour website has the endings the opposite way round in the synopsis.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Our House#14
Posted: 5/2/08 at 5:24pm
Picked up a very unexciting flier at Bromley Churchill last night.
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Our House#15
Posted: 5/3/08 at 2:11pm
yea im not impressed with the fliers.... hardly appealing! i hope its not a representation of the show!
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
whiterabbit3
Swing
Swing
re: Our House#16
Posted: 5/16/08 at 2:42pm
Will the rehearsals be in London or Birmingham? As it is now under two weeks I wondered if they rehearse at the rep, don't know at what point they build the set. Sure one of you guys will know. Also noticed that the autumn dates are subject to change, does that mean that they reassess whether to continue the tour at that point or is it the norm?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Our House#17
Posted: 5/17/08 at 1:58pm
Theyll rehearse at The Rep. It has rehearsal space there.
The production also has the theatre to itself for nearly 2 weeks prior to the first performance. Most producing houses like The Rep will always allow a weeks rehearsal on stage if scheduling allows.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Our House#18
Posted: 5/17/08 at 8:43pm
Apropos of nothing, I can honestly say that 'Our House' is the only jukebox musical currently in existence I'd ever consider seeing.

That's all. As you were. ^_^
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Our House#19
Posted: 5/18/08 at 4:21pm
After you do see it, youll say it is the best!
whiterabbit3
Swing
Swing
re: Our House#20
Posted: 5/18/08 at 6:18pm
Have seen the DVD and it looks wicked. Full of energy and it looks as if they will have to be on their toes to match the talent of the London production.
So, when it says autumn dates are provisional and subject to change does that mean they will see what the response is to the summer dates?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Our House#21
Posted: 5/19/08 at 8:55am
I guess so, it wont be a cheap show to send out.
whiterabbit3
Swing
Swing
re: Our House#22
Posted: 5/19/08 at 4:27pm
If it is anything like the set from the London show there must be a lot of money sitting on the stage, plus some of the venue lists I have seen takes it well into next year (although as I say some are marked provisional, they obviously hope it will continue). Would it be usual for a recast after the Christmas break or do the original cast stay with it on a long run like that? Sorry for all the questions but you guys clearly know your stuff and I don't
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Our House#23
Posted: 5/19/08 at 7:04pm
I dont think you should expect it to be like the West End production in terms of staging.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
whiterabbit3
Swing
Swing
re: Our House#24
Posted: 5/22/08 at 8:03pm
I'm going to see it next Thursday so will let you know what I think, although I will probably miss the things you would be looking for. An uneducated opinion I am afraid.

Page: 1