Page: 1

RFH's Wizard Of Oz

CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
RFH's Wizard Of Oz#1
Posted: 3/26/08 at 12:25pm
The Royal Festival Hall will be reviving the 1989 production of Wizard of Oz throught the summer, it will be the same production, including the same director, which was in leeds in 2002! I'll be anticipating this! Anyone heard anything on casting yet?
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
ullabelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: RFH's Wizard Of Oz#2
Posted: 3/26/08 at 3:04pm
that makes me very happy indeed! do you have any details of the original production..? are you talking about the RSC production that began at the Barbican?
husk_charmer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RFH's Wizard Of Oz#2
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:26am
Is it for sure a 100% re-mount of the RSC version, or just using the RSC script? Mark Thompson designed it for the Barbican, and Michael Vale is who's attached to this production.
http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: RFH's Wizard Of Oz#3
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:34pm
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RFH's Wizard Of Oz#4
Posted: 3/27/08 at 2:53pm
Almost all productions of the show, both in the UK and abroad, now use the RSC version. Its a shame the RSC dont bring its original production back- it was pretty wonderful and a shame it only played the Barbican without transfering.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
husk_charmer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RFH's Wizard Of Oz#5
Posted: 3/28/08 at 9:18am
I knew about the RSC script, the question was if it was going to be a remount of the 1987-1989 Barbican staging. I wish I could find more pictures of that production.
http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer