Page: 1

London Palladium/Theatre Royal Drury Lane Tours

BroadwayPhan
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Saw that both the London Palladium and Theatre Royal Drury Lane both offer backstage tours. Has anybody recently attended either of those tours? If so, would you recommend either one? I'm wondering too, if one gets to see much of the costumes and sets for the current productions there. I would think it would be very interesting to see the behind the scenes for such a big and elaborate production like LOTR.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Do both! They are the two most famous theatres in the world and dripping in history.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If they specifically say 'backstage', it will probably mean you'll visit some of the dressingrooms, and maybe even part of the wing. You'll then probably sit in the auditorium and be told more about the place. I'd be very surprised if they brought you anywhere near the stage of either. Insurance etc. Especially with the complex leg-breaking machinery used in the stage floors of both TSOM and LOTR!
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller