Page: 1

Two Drag Queens, A Transsexual and a Bus called Priscilla

Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Currently in Melbourne on a short holiday and I managed to see Priscilla the Musical and My God what a fantastic show. To describe it in a nutshell it is a cross between Mamma Mia and La Cage Aux Folles, having never seen the film I was curious about see how the story would work with the music but somehow it works and i enjoyed every minute of it. The costumes are definetly the best part if the show as well the bus which was a lot smaller than I expected. By the end of the show, everyone was on their feet dancing and clapping along which I normally disapprove of but for a show like this, it was acceptable.

I think this show would go down a storm in London and hopefully Priscilla will crossing over in 2009.
ladybegood
Stand-by
Stand-by
Isn't Andrew Lloyd Webber to produce it?
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
...They want the Palladium. Too big seating wise really. I think Prince Edward or Palace is ideal...but not sure if the stage is big enough.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
While I don't think The Palladium is suitable for Priscilla, I think seating wise it is similar to the Regent Theatre in Melbourne where it is currently playing. I still they should opt for The Palace though, it is certainly in the right location.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As Really Useful are co producing I'd have thought it would go into one of their theatres.