Page: 1

Derren Brown

andymacca Profile Photoandymacca Profile Photo
andymacca
Stand-by
Stand-by
Derren Brown#1
Posted: 2/29/08 at 7:21pm
Derren has just announced that his tour from last year will have a stint at the Garrick for 5weeks in may/june. Admittedly I am a big fan of his work and seen his stage shows, inc the production that is going to the Garrick. I just wondered what other peoples thoughts on him are? Will anybody be going to see the show?
cages/wings?
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Derren Brown#2
Posted: 2/29/08 at 7:34pm
I was thinking about going to this in Newcastle in a couple of weeks. What's it like?
andymacca
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Derren Brown#2
Posted: 2/29/08 at 8:43pm
I think it is excellent. Its very thought provoking and clever, whilst also being very amusing and entertaining. He is an excellent performer and delivers the show incredibly well. It is also, again in my opinion, very honest. Those short of shows are obviously going to be shrouded in dishonest claims due to their nature, but he makes every effort to be as transparent as possible. His book is also very good, in that it aludes to many of his techniques.
Check out a few reviews of his live stuff.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/live-reviews/Derren-Brown-Magical-night-with.1490897.jp

http://www.thestage.co.uk/reviews/review.php/2619/derren-brown-live
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Derren Brown#3
Posted: 2/29/08 at 10:53pm
I caught the Old Vic show on TV a number of weeks ago and i must admit i had never heard of the guy. The hour i saw blew me away -what an entertainer. I will certainly be popping along to the Garrick!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
andymacca
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Derren Brown#4
Posted: 3/1/08 at 9:54am
Yes, he is a superb entertainer.Go if you can!
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Derren Brown#5
Posted: 3/4/08 at 5:14am
It'll be sold out. He has been "suggesting" the audience go en mass, and pay full price!