'Shout' -The Mod Musical

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Shout' -The Mod Musical#1
Posted: 2/8/08 at 1:23pm
'Shout' -The Mod Musical

The tour was announced and theatres started taking bookings for a few weeks now but they have just completed casting. Its a great little show tho i'm sure its going to be a bit bigger than when i saw it off Broadway a few years ago. The music is great and its cleverly brought into the slight story thats there. Claire Sweeney and Su Pollard are the leads. its playing at most major theatres and i recommend it very highly- just leave the grey matter in the cloakroom.
There is a CD of the Off Broadway production and it captures the show brilliantly.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 2/8/08 at 01:23 PM
AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#2
Posted: 2/8/08 at 5:08pm
I LOVE THIS SHOW. I never saw it, but I have the recording. It's great!
I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#2
Posted: 2/8/08 at 5:39pm
We have had this announced for the palace for a few weeks

Claire Sweeney looks great on the new poster
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#3
Posted: 2/8/08 at 9:40pm
Su Pollard!!!????!!!! I'd have thought she was a little old for this show. (It is intended for the women to be around 25). The creator Phillip George has a lot to do with FORBIDDEN BROADWAY's success.
Updated On: 2/8/08 at 09:40 PM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#4
Posted: 2/8/08 at 9:53pm
I hope its a bit more successful for her than 'Menopause' was!
She's a lovely person, i did a panto with her about 20 years ago- mad as a box of frogs mind!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 2/9/08 at 09:53 PM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#5
Posted: 2/9/08 at 7:30am
haha yeah ive met her a few times shes lovely, i think it will be an average seller, i dont see it been a big one
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#6
Posted: 2/9/08 at 7:38am
Its just a bit different to all those in your face shows like 'Oh What A Drag'. I hope can get to see this one cos it played in a 170 seater in NY and in London was at Jermyn St (100 seats )for a limited run only Get the CD SADM2 you'll like it! (or i can burn it for you!)
Updated On: 2/9/08 at 07:38 AM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#7
Posted: 2/9/08 at 8:03am
Im just downloading the CD now lol, im sure it will be great (it looks like my kind of show) but i think it may struggle in a 2000 capacity theatre.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#8
Posted: 2/9/08 at 8:07am
Yea i reckon youll get 700 or 800 a night. Shame.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#9
Posted: 2/9/08 at 8:09am
It is a shame when certain other shows (i cant say which) can sell out when they are pure crap
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#10
Posted: 2/9/08 at 8:23am
Originally it had 5 girls, I think now there are only 4. Am I right?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#11
Posted: 2/9/08 at 8:25am
All to do with the publicity machine and how much money that machine needs and those guys have lots of cash. I'll mention shows for you-- 'Oh What A Night' still doing up to 80% bizz everywhere. 'The Blues Brothers' tribute crap -almost 100% every night. Its madness but there ya go. Report what you think of 'Shouts; Cd when your done- its got some nice, different arrangements on it and the Downtown remix is great.
TsLondon08
Swing
Swing
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#12
Posted: 2/9/08 at 7:08pm
Tried to get tickets to see this at Bromley where it'd playing this week. it seems to be pretty much sold out for the entire run.
Will try to catch it in Wimbledon later in the run.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#13
Posted: 2/9/08 at 7:13pm
Sorry you didnt get to see it but thats great news for the tours first week. Bromley isnt a small theatre either. Dont forget that Wimbledon is always busy so make sure you get your seats in advance.
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#14
Posted: 2/9/08 at 8:58pm
Are the director and choreograpther for this tour Phillip George and David Lowenstein?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#15
Posted: 2/9/08 at 9:12pm
The web site is only showing tour dates at the moment
Silbee
Understudy
Understudy
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#16
Posted: 2/10/08 at 6:13am
Su Pollard, was yer original Mod (as was I). She brings her own kind of charm with a smattering of authenticity to the proceedings.

I agree, a nice little album...
Updated On: 2/24/08 at 06:13 AM
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#17
Posted: 2/24/08 at 12:18pm
apparently su is no longer doing the tour now. or so i was told this morning after speaking to a friend who saw it in liverpool last night. she definately wasnt in it last night.
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#18
Posted: 2/24/08 at 1:19pm
Its always been advertised that there are certain dates when Su Pollard and Claire Sweeney are not performing. Its made pretty clear on the website.
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#19
Posted: 2/25/08 at 12:50am
From the reviews I've read, this show has been totally reworked including bringing in a British writer. I'm counting on hearing your review wickedboy2 and just how different this production is to the one you saw Off Broadway.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Shout' -The Mod Musical#20
Posted: 2/25/08 at 1:03pm
Not seeing it for 2 or 3 weeks but looking forward to it.