Legally Blonde Comes to London

TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Legally Blonde Comes to London#1
Posted: 1/22/08 at 5:56pm
poised to open towards the end of this year.
announcement expected feb time.

keep checking

www.legallyblondelondon.co.uk
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#2
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:58pm
Interesting to hear especially as it was rumoured last year, wonder which theatre it's going into to? I think it might be The Dominion or The Apollo Victoria though I can't see Wicked or WWRY closing just yet.
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#2
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:01pm
If it is going to be the same production as the NYC in terms of size, it will need one of the larger venues - like the Drury Lane, Dominion, Apollo Vic, Palladium, Lyceum, Edward, Adelphi or Palace. Maybe the Palace?
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#3
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:07pm
They was rumours of The Picadilly being a possible venue but considering it's too small in both seating and stage, i would think they would opt for the larger venue.

The Palace I think would be more likely for either Oliver! or Priscilla though I don't think that Spamalot is going just yet.

TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#4
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:23pm
oliver has a venue...not the palace. spamalot is facing some hard houses at the moment and has been for quite some time - its quite full but a discounts galore. priscilla is waiting until feb 09 when a large theatre is going to be free - the palace was too small stage wise for that big bus!
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#5
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:31pm
Interesting to hear Spamalot is struggling, thought the Swedish reality show might of helped boost sales. Perhaps Phantom of Manhattan could go there when ALW finishes it.

Priscilla will most likely go to a RUG theatre as they are producing it, Palladium or Drury Lane perhaps?
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#6
Posted: 1/22/08 at 8:47pm
Priscilla is eyeing up the Drury Lane after Palace was deemed too small, unless they decide to downsize the show.

ALW wants the Adelphi for Phantom 2 - the show is on target for an opening early next year, which, could see Joseph gone as sales would have fallen no doubt.

I think Legally Blonde will take The Palace - unless Jersey Boys goes wrong and The Edward comes free (perfect for Priscilla! - but a DMT venue)
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#7
Posted: 1/22/08 at 8:49pm
I mentioned on here this was coming months ago, im glad the rumor appears to be true.It was looking at the Piccadilly theatre at the time and 1 other venue
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#8
Posted: 1/23/08 at 4:29am
The web-link doesnt work....
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#9
Posted: 1/23/08 at 5:47am
if its the piccadilly, we are in for a crap set then! That set is huge on broadway and works
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#10
Posted: 1/23/08 at 9:03am
Because there isnt a link!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#11
Posted: 1/23/08 at 10:46am
dont be fat and lazy....type it in yourself!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#12
Posted: 1/23/08 at 11:48am
that was a bit uncalled for theatrebuzz2

and that address doesnt work x

I think Legally Blondes sets been so huge are a bit of an illusion, i must have seen this show a million times and the sets whilst impressive are not that big (the biggest been the sorority house set during OhMiGod)

That been said though i think they will need a bigger house than the Piccadilly, remember though there is a HUGE chance the Dominion will be free soon
Updated On: 1/23/08 at 11:48 AM
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#13
Posted: 1/23/08 at 12:03pm
The address might not work but whats there shows its been registered.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#14
Posted: 1/23/08 at 2:26pm
TB2, it was you who posted a non-existent link!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
yankees1253 Profile Photoyankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#15
Posted: 1/23/08 at 5:45pm
congrats!!!!! hope you west enders love the show. i saw the show twic and hope to see it again. i live in ny.
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#16
Posted: 1/23/08 at 7:16pm
dont be fat and lazy, you walked in and oops a daisy...and you call yourselves theatre buffs!
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#17
Posted: 1/23/08 at 7:26pm
I do hope that PRISCILLA doesn't go to the Drury Lane.
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#18
Posted: 1/23/08 at 8:59pm
It would be perfect for the Adelphi, but if its coming this year, thats a no hope. May go into the Dominion, it is a nederlander.
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#19
Posted: 1/23/08 at 10:10pm
I can see this going into the Dominion theatre. Only because just like the Palace on Broadway it is a Nederlander theatre and the show is going to have the same producers. They have a good business relationship I am sure.

It's not as in terms of sets as people are making it out to be. The only really big set peace is the Delta Nu house. But, there is one thing you have to know about the Palace Theatre and why a lot of producers love using that theatre.

They love using that theatre because it has a kind of stage where they can really custom make their set for that theatre. Beauty and the Beast did that. Their set when it was playing at the Palace couldn't fit into any other theatre.

Now, most musicals when they are playing at a theatre can easilly have the same set ect at another theatre on Broadway.

When Beauty moved they had to use the old tour set on Broadway because their set at the Palace would only work at the palace and no where else.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#20
Posted: 1/24/08 at 7:54am
Yeah i agree with Winston about the Palace Stage

I dont think its a secret anymore than We Will Rock You will come out of London soon so i have a feeling Blonde will take the Dominion theatre
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#21
Posted: 1/24/08 at 8:00am
Its had a bonus couple of years extra as it was due to close October 06...I hope they close it and give The Dominion a wee tart-up before Blonde (if) goes in!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#22
Posted: 1/24/08 at 8:22am
Yeah i think the Dominion could do with a lick of paint and a sprinkle of fairy dust lol

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#23
Posted: 1/24/08 at 8:33am
Sadly there's very little they can do to the Dominion besides a lick of paint. Huge parts of the theatre are totally blocked off to the public and staff due to the discovery of asbestos back in the early/ mid 80s. I was working there when they started to find it and it was quiet startling as too how fast parts, such as corridors, offices, public bars and some areas backstage got sealed up. There's a whole gorgeous garden cafe that cant be reached now due to the asbestos.
Thats how it stands today, leave it alone or the whole building comes down. Camden Council have been amazing in the handling of the Dominion.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Legally Blonde Comes to London#24
Posted: 1/24/08 at 8:47am
Oh i never knew that wickedboy ...yikes