Page: 1

My Rent Remixed Review

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My Rent Remixed Review#1
Posted: 1/20/08 at 7:27am
Yesterday I went to the matinee of Rent Remixed as a last resort to see a production of Rent since the Broadway production will close before I go in the summer. I was expecting to hate it but overall I absolutely loved it!

Sure there were afew things that I didn't like the changes of - Out Tonight and What You Own being slowed down as the main things.

Show started about late - about 4:15 so we didn't get out until about 10 to 7, but not to worry.

I must say the standout performance was Jay Webb as Angel - Today 4 You was my favourite part of this production I thought just everything about it was great! The other standout performance was Luke Evans as Roger - What a voice! Amazing.

Jessie Wallace as Maureen was very good, especially during Take me or Leave me. Wasn't sure of Ruth Augilera as Mimi at first but she grew on me as the show went on. Leon Lopez and Francesca Jackson as Collins and Joanne also delivered a great performnce.

We had understudies for Mark (Anthony Luperi - Not the best, and I noticed he messed up afew times with words) and Benny (Earl Perkins - Who was great, wouldn't know he was the understudy.

There was also one chorus member (Alexander Forster) who was playing the waiter and other parts who messed up afew times and really badly in La Vie Boheme and then started laughing about it - Don't think many people would notice it if they didn't know the songs already but I keep a close eye on stuff like this because im doing performing arts myself.

Did really enjoy it though, and really want to see it again if it ever goes out on tour. Don't know why everyone hates this so much.
Updated On: 1/20/08 at 07:27 AM
musicalmaster703 Profile Photomusicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My Rent Remixed Review#2
Posted: 1/21/08 at 11:15am
i want um to release a cd
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: My Rent Remixed Review#2
Posted: 1/21/08 at 5:58pm
I really enjoyed it too :)
Wasn't Mimi an understudy too? Or has Sibahn (however you spell her name lol) left?
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My Rent Remixed Review#3
Posted: 1/21/08 at 6:20pm
I actually enjoyed it more than the original production as I've said before. I'm glad you liked it! I'm gona bring my friend to watch it before it closes cuz... it's quite amusing :P
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My Rent Remixed Review#4
Posted: 1/22/08 at 1:44pm
"I really enjoyed it too :)
Wasn't Mimi an understudy too? Or has Sibahn (however you spell her name lol) left?"

I think the understudy got promoted because there was a seperate sheet with Mimi under her name with the programme, and also a new swing on the other side. Got this needs to tour!