Page: 1

'Twang!'

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Twang!'#1
Posted: 1/13/08 at 6:15am
Anyone on here by any chance have the LP of this Lionel Bart mega flop from 1965. Its one of the Shaftesbury Theatres most notorious disasters running just 43 perfs with Barbara Windsor and Ronnie Corbett in the company.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Twang!'#2
Posted: 1/13/08 at 6:24am
I'm going to have to have a search, but I think I might. Didn't it have a bad cartoon on the front- maybe an arrow target? I put my vinyl away years ago (even the Jeeves LP) and haven't looked since.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Twang!'#2
Posted: 1/13/08 at 9:22am
...and still they kept staging Robin Hood musicals!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 1/13/08 at 09:22 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Twang!'#3
Posted: 1/13/08 at 10:00am
'Robin Hood -The Musical' goes on the road this year.
Birmingham Hippodrome are doing 'Robin Hood-The Adventure' next year instead of a proper panto.

alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Twang!'#4
Posted: 1/13/08 at 9:03pm
Barbara Windsor talks about it at length in her autobiography, wasn't Robin Gibb in it too?