Page: 1

Picking shows for my trip

outovfashion07
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Picking shows for my trip#1
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:07pm
Ok. SO I am coming to the West End in May to see Gone With the Wind and the Chess concert. I am staying for a week and would love some advice on what shows to see, maybe some shows that the general touristy public might not be privvy to. Any help from you guys would be great. Cheers!
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Picking shows for my trip#2
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:10pm
'Take a look at the threat entitled 'What do i see?' below, that should help
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
outovfashion07
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Picking shows for my trip#2
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:11pm
haha I actually saw that just after I posted that. Sorry for cluttering up the board.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Picking shows for my trip#3
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:14pm
Its no prob. Just keep looking bak here and you'll see lots of ideas thrown at you. Make it a little easier by saying what you HAVE seen maybe.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
outovfashion07
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Picking shows for my trip#4
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:21pm
Well I havent seen anything in the West End, but shows that are playing there that I have seen are:

Avenue Q
Grease
Spamalot
Phantom
Fiddler
Hairspray
Lion King
Chicago
Jersey Boys
Mamma Mia

I'd really love to hear about the state of:

Footloose
We Will Rock You (i know its not great but.. i love campy badness)
Cabaret
Blood Brothers

Also are there any good sites for info about shows playing there now and soon to be opening?

Thanks soooo much
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Picking shows for my trip#5
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:28pm
'Footloose' closed prematurely in Dec.
outovfashion07
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Picking shows for my trip#6
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:58pm
well dang.

How fast do you think the Chess concert will sell? Should I buy my ticket now?
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Picking shows for my trip#7
Posted: 1/9/08 at 6:04am
I think the cheaper seats will sell extremely fast but depending on where you want to sit i would book fast.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Picking shows for my trip#8
Posted: 1/9/08 at 6:13am
These mega concerts at the Albert Hall always sell really fast and sell out. The Albert Hall has a very large private subscribers list together with private seat and box owners that take away a large percentage of seats available to the public. Yes, book early.