Page: 1

New Parade CD

AvenueQPat
Stand-by
Stand-by
New Parade CD#1
Posted: 1/8/08 at 12:46am
Hi All.

I know the 2-cd recording has had some posts on here. Just wondering if in the US it is worth purchasing a copy. I am a huge fan of the OBCR and especially the orchestrations - and it looks like it is going to be about $50 US for a copy of it...about 30 Pounds I think.....and I am including shipping and "tri-state" tax.

Any opinions would be great.
You learn to play the straight man, the lines become routine - never really saying what you mean - but i know the scene will change :)
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Parade CD#2
Posted: 1/8/08 at 4:12am
Its one of the best recordings recently and well worth the $s you'll pay as thats about the price here before you pay your shipping! Dont delay, order today!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Parade CD#2
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:06am
...and you get a DVD!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Parade CD#3
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:16am
Are you on commission, Wicked?
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Parade CD#4
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:27am

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Parade CD#5
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:27am
Oh how i wish! -tho i do get a very generous discount at Dress Circle!
AvenueQPat
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: New Parade CD#6
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:54am
Just purchased it online and am listening to it now. I can say I am missing some of the lush orchestrations, but as a musician I enjoy hearing different arrangements. Would anybody with a hard copy and the booklet be able to post the Orchestration for the CD if you have time?

Thanks
You learn to play the straight man, the lines become routine - never really saying what you mean - but i know the scene will change :)