Page: 1

Help with German theater seating plans

Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Help with German theater seating plans#1
Posted: 1/6/08 at 2:57am
Does anyone have a source for seating plans for the following two theaters in Berlin, Germany?

Theater des Westens

Theater am Potsdamer Platz

While I can find tons of places to buy tickets, none have a seating plan..

Also, anyone know anything about

"DIE ZAUBERFLÖTE IN DER U-BAHN"

From what I can tell it's Mozarts Magic Flute done in the subway system, where the audience participates??
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Do they not offer a seating plan when your on the purchase page as they do on most UK theatre sites?
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
There are seating plans for both these theatres on stage-entertainment.de.
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
wickedboy, no they do not which is why I posted the question (and which I also posted in my original post. ;o)
In fact for one, I believe it was Westens, they simply showed a picture of the theater taken from the stage......empty, the most ridiculous thing I haave ever seen, lol

Ashley, I've been to that site. When I click on Saalplan (FOR Westens), it brings up a blank screen......I'm downloading an upgraded version of adobe acrobat, perhaps that will help.

Also, another question.
I believe 'Footloose" will be playing in Denmark when I am there. How would I know if it's in English or Danish? I figured Danish, but a friend thinks it's in English?
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Updated On: 1/6/08 at 11:26 AM
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sorry but i only suggested that because a lot of people dont know you dont get to see seating plans until you get to the next but one to the purchase page!!! I know what im talking about!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Did you go further to the top ticket line site? There is for TdW no seating plan for Elisabeth but for Tanz der Vampire, but doubt that will change really.

https://buchung.topticketline.de/elektra/pdf/tdv_saalplan.pdf

and a picture of it: re: Help with German theater seating plans

Theater am Potsdamer Platz:

http://www.stage-entertainment.de/media/mmb/saalplan_mmb.pdf

Updated On: 1/6/08 at 12:35 PM
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
Has anyone seen Tanz der vampire? What's it like, because I'm going in March.
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks MH

Ashley, Tanz has been a hit in Europe since the original production in Vienna years ago.
In the US it was a total flop......probably because I believe it was changed somewhat.
I had hoped to see it in April, but it will be gone by the time I get there.
cremi Profile Photocremi Profile Photo
cremi
Swing
Swing
Changed it somewhat? They cut out everything that made Tanz a Hit!

Well Elisabeth is great too, don't waste your money on Mamma Mia. Smaller scale production then the original one in germany and too expensive!
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was being kind, cremi. ;o)

Thanks for the info on Mama Mia, I won't get tix.

This is turning into a real pain. Found seats for Footloose in Stockholm, but....for some odd reason they will take none of my credit cards and all are usable in Europe, and have no balance.....
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Did you use http://www.ticnet.se (part of Ticketmaster International) for Footloose? Because if you did and they do not accept your credit cards that would be weird as I booked with them with a non Swedish credit card in the past. You could call their call centre +46 77 170 70 70 for more info.

About Mamma Mia: agree with cremi, do not bother with it in Berlin, it lost a lot of the spark it had in Hamburg.
Updated On: 1/6/08 at 09:58 PM
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Help with German theater seating plans#11
Posted: 1/7/08 at 10:12am
yes MH, it was Ticnet.....I'll try again today, and if the same, will call them. Thanks for the phone number.
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Help with German theater seating plans#12
Posted: 1/21/08 at 4:41pm
Good News.....I finally was able to use Ticnet to get tickets for Footloose in Stockholm.
Apparently Capital One has a block on foreign transactions as they have had so much fraud happen......but of course they do NOT tell their cardmembers that.
Funny that when I called them three weeks ago they did not tell me this, but did yesterday, fixed it and we're good to go!