Page: 1

'La Cage' still out in the cold.

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'La Cage' still out in the cold. #1
Posted: 1/4/08 at 5:40pm
Poor old 'La Cage' has caught another cold it seems. The last few performances have been cancelled again and the next few days look very unlikely. 5 members of the cast are off again. Thats fringe theatre with no understudies i guess. Its had its press night moved 3 times already and it seems this will move yet again as Doug Hodge still has only been in the show just over a week and isnt prepared for the perss yet. I think they should have just opened it a few weeks ago as it is very tight and audiences have been going crazy for it every night -and that was with the understudy!
This is such a shame for such a great production.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 1/4/08 at 05:40 PM
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #2
Posted: 1/4/08 at 7:32pm
This show still hasn't opened? Even with illnesses they have been previewing for what, 5 weeks? Goodness, they have preveiewed almost as long as SARAVA! How long is its scheduled season?
Updated On: 1/4/08 at 07:32 PM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #2
Posted: 1/5/08 at 9:53am
It cant run later than March 8th!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #3
Posted: 1/5/08 at 8:13pm
Are bookings good, and is it really a candidate for transfer?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #4
Posted: 1/6/08 at 2:49am
Its sold out every night with up to 20 people are waiting for returns on most nights. The 4 or 5 nights ive been there a lot have been turned away. The much talked about transfer is on hold due to the problems with the cast at the moment. They are concentrating on getting the thing open first!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #5
Posted: 1/7/08 at 5:32pm
Please please please please PLEASE be better for Saturday! This is not good for the poor guys. re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #6
Posted: 1/7/08 at 5:44pm
I spoke to my friend there tonight- they get Mondays off and all seems wel at the moment. The are 99% up to open to the press on Weds. Youre going Saturday are you Weez? -you'll love it- just remember its not the big brash Broadway musical we all know. Wednesday will be my 5th time!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #7
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:38pm
Me and my Mum are both heading along on Saturday. This'll be her first exposure to Philip Quast *touch wood* so finally she may get what I'm talking about! Happily, I'm only incredibly vaguely acquainted with the show, so I have no prior expectations, beyond some catchy tunes and a happy ending. Bring it on! ^_^
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #8
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:44pm
Phillip Quast is simply brilliant in the show and a really lovely man the night i had drinks with him 2 weeks ago. Its a very 'mum' show despite its subject. Enjoy and report back!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #9
Posted: 1/7/08 at 8:02pm
i hope you have a good time at the show xx
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #10
Posted: 1/8/08 at 12:29am
My first "exposure" to Philip Quast was when he played Candide back in 1982!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #11
Posted: 1/8/08 at 4:14am
And he's been exposing himself ever since down there! Love his 'The Secret Garden'!
lol Im gonna mention that to him 2mrw lol
Updated On: 1/8/08 at 04:14 AM
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'La Cage' still out in the cold. #12
Posted: 1/8/08 at 4:31am
...and of course he was in the original Oz LES MIS.