Page: 1

Strallen to Succeed Fisher in SOUND OF MUSIC

somethingwicked Profile Photosomethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Summer Strallen will succeed Connie Fisher as Maria von Trapp in the Andrew Lloyd Webber-produced London production of The Sound of Music.

The cast change, which according to the Daily Mail, will take place Feb. 25, is part of another Lloyd Webber television tie-in.

Instead of a reality television talent show, Strallen has been appearing in the TV series "Hollyoaks" in which she plays an aspiring actress. Later this month, the plot will see Lloyd Webber appear as himself for three episodes during which he "discovers" Strallen's character (called Summer Shaw) and casts her as the lead in The Sound of Music..."

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/113974.html
Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
atleast she's been in musicals before. although i do however qyestion the acting ability from being in hollyoaks!
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Seen her in other shows, she is fantastic - I might change my mind now and actually see SOM in London!
AvenueQResident Profile PhotoAvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It's a weird way to publicise all of this (Hollyoaks?!?!?!), but more power to Summer I guess.
Everything in life...is only for now.