Page: 1

Xanadu .....a 2nd glance

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Xanadu .....a 2nd glance#1
Posted: 1/4/08 at 11:17am
well i dont think its any secret that im not one of Xanadu biggest fans.I went to watch this months ago in NY and left feeling disappointed.Jokes fell flat, it was a bit well blah..(the cast however were great, especially Jackson who i drooled at for the whole show lol)

BUT

I got a erm not so legal dvd recording of the show today and thought "ok, lets give it another chance" and that i did.....and i hate to say it but i actually enjoyed it a lot more (who said bootlegs were bad lol)

The show just seemed a lot funnier than when i watched it in the theatre,The cast again were spectacular (yes i drooled again lol) and the show was bright light and breezy.

Butler did not annoy me this time (she really did when i watched it in NY) i found her comic timing spot on, same with Jackson, but its our resident evil muses who steel the show (evil woman had me falling of the sofa).

A lot of jokes i thought still fell flat, and sometimes the mocking the film becomes a little tiring but in genral at a second glance i enjoyed it.

The simple sets and lighting are great(though i thought that the 1st time round to) and the songs as ever are as camp as tits.

So there you have it......I LIKED IT...so there lol

Do i think its over hyped ??? yes of course it is, but its fun and it does what it says on the tin.

did i mention mr jackson ??? (drools some more)

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Xanadu .....a 2nd glance#2
Posted: 1/4/08 at 1:26pm
I saw the show thru this ahhm bootleg DVD. I have to say I really enjoy it! I never really enjoyed Jerry Springer onstage but I LOVED it on DVD! It's SO weird isn't it??
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Bruce Memblagh!
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Xanadu .....a 2nd glance#2
Posted: 1/5/08 at 3:46am
I've got the producer's dvd (or the one used to give to the press but this time its the full show - as opposed to similar I have of most other productions). I am have come to rather like the show - it holds a certain charm and a great fun appeal.
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Xanadu .....a 2nd glance#3
Posted: 1/5/08 at 4:42am
i'm a fan. it's great if you just want a laugh where you don't really have to think about what's going on etc.
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Xanadu .....a 2nd glance#4
Posted: 1/5/08 at 9:50am
Thats an expensive laugh dont you think!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Xanadu .....a 2nd glance#5
Posted: 1/5/08 at 5:43pm
i got the OBC for xmas and i love it, possibly wont be going 2 NYC for a long long long time (try next life) so would love to get a 'legal dvd recording of the show'
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Xanadu .....a 2nd glance#6
Posted: 1/5/08 at 6:00pm
lol probably wickedboy. but it's entertainment. and when you have an obviously ahem *legal* ahem copy of the show, you can laugh time and time again for a very cheap price re: Xanadu .....a 2nd glance
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Xanadu .....a 2nd glance#7
Posted: 1/6/08 at 2:50am
lol i have to agree, yes!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'