Page: 1

Day Seats

regnad kcin Profile Photoregnad kcin Profile Photo
regnad kcin
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Day Seats#1
Posted: 1/1/08 at 9:51pm
I have a silly American tourist question. I'm traveling abroad to London in a few days, and a show I want says "day seats" are available the day of the show even though the show is sold out. Are they like the American rush seats - cheaper because you buy them the day of the show?

Thanks!
joshy Profile Photojoshy Profile Photo
joshy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Day Seats#2
Posted: 1/1/08 at 11:00pm
Yes, they can usually be purchased the morning of the performance and are cheaper tickets.
regnad kcin
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Day Seats#2
Posted: 1/2/08 at 12:17am
Thanks! Do you know about how much cheaper they are? Also, can you get day seats for cheaper with a student ID or is it moot if they're day seats?
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Day Seats#3
Posted: 1/2/08 at 7:20am
I know Wicked and Avenue Q do 20 seats or so for students and I think Hairspray does too. Don't know what other shows do them though.
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Day Seats#4
Posted: 1/2/08 at 1:00pm
Day seat wise, there is no further ruduction as they are already cheap, I'm guessing you're talking about Hairspray or Wicked, cause otherwise the show wouldnt be near sold out, but I find they are 25, front row seats and availible from 10 AM on the morning of the show, but you really need to be there queing from 9:30
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
regnad kcin
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Day Seats#5
Posted: 1/2/08 at 2:44pm
I'm actually talking about "Othello" and/or Noel Coward's "Present Laughter". Thanks!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Day Seats#6
Posted: 1/2/08 at 6:34pm
While we're on the subject, what time do you reckon people should start queueing for 'Othello' day seats (on sale at 10.30am), and will the National do day seats for 'War Horse'? Just planning the rest of my January. ^_^
sgweirdo
Understudy
Understudy
re: Day Seats#7
Posted: 1/3/08 at 1:54am
Yes! Has anyone tried for Othello? I really want to see the show, but of course didn't book seats in time. I know here in NY some sold out shows have people that start queueing insanely early. In London I remember getting at Guys and Dolls when it was first on at like 5am and wasn't even close to first in line.