Page: 1

Never Forget

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Never Forget#1
Posted: 12/30/07 at 12:26pm
...this show does not belong in the West End theatre leave alone the premier house, The Savoy! I was given the DVD over Christmas (they dont know it yet but they are so off my card list next year! lol). This is one of the cheapest, tackiest shows ive had the displeasure of seeing in ages (even 'Susan' was on a different level). From the very beginning when the orchestra hit up it just sounds cheap and nasty. Within minutes we are witness to examples of bad acting, singing, dancing -oh the list goes on to include the cardboard set- just the whole feel of 'done on the cheap'! The audience at the filming couldnt have had a great time as all the laughter is canned. Im stunned that this has found a West End home and initially when Mr Barlow kicked up a stink and tried to get it pulled i though 'just lighten up mate this could be huge and great fun and earn you a packet'!- Id like to say to Mr Barlow now, 'you were right'!
Its been in the press recently that it was great shame that the grand old Savoy Hotel was going to close for remodelling etc and would be dumbed down, well, it looks like they have done the same with the Savoy Theatre too!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Never Forget#2
Posted: 12/30/07 at 12:32pm
hahahahahahahahahaha i told you that you would hate it love

Its tacky as hell and worst of all its dull

You can use the dvd as a coaster though wicked
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
theatrejoe Profile Phototheatrejoe Profile Photo
theatrejoe
Understudy
Understudy
re: Never Forget#2
Posted: 12/30/07 at 1:20pm
I'm afraid I have to disagree as I also got it for Christmas and I really like it. I think that it is entertaining and the audience clearly enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing it live on its pre-west end tour!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Never Forget#3
Posted: 12/30/07 at 1:33pm
The laughter is canned and when its not its pretty weak.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
theatrejoe Profile Phototheatrejoe Profile Photo
theatrejoe
Understudy
Understudy
re: Never Forget#4
Posted: 12/30/07 at 1:46pm
Oh well, I suppose we're all entitled to our own opinions.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Never Forget#5
Posted: 12/30/07 at 4:23pm
You can tell the audience reaction was 'helped'
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Never Forget#6
Posted: 12/30/07 at 5:00pm
But its not an opinion as such but ive worked on too many TV shows and seen too many DVDs etc to know when, as SADM2 just commented the applause is augmented slightly! Another bad case is on the 'Our House' DVD. Its nothing new.
Matinee Profile PhotoMatinee Profile Photo
Matinee
Swing
Swing
re: Never Forget#7
Posted: 12/30/07 at 7:34pm
As someone who was in the audience at the recording of that DVD, I have to say the comments about the laughter being canned seems a bit odd, if anything the laughter seems surpressed on the DVD from what actually happened that night. Maybe its one of the shows you have to see live to appreciate the atmosphere created. I've seen lots of bad shows and I woudln't include Never Forget in this catagory. The DVD wouldnt go in my to watch pile to often but I would see it on stage next time its on near me and prob would travel to the Savoy to see it as well.

Page: 1