Page: 1

Liza Takes A Fall

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liza Takes A Fall#1
Posted: 12/15/07 at 12:49am
Liza Minnelli collapsed on stage in Sweden. She was well into a concert when she suddenly dropped the mic and slumped forward. As she fell she fell off the concert platform but was caught by a production assistant. Im sure this news has got to the UK but here its everywhere you go.
Poor Liza!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 1/1/08 at 12:49 AM
Bruce Memblagh!
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Liza Takes A Fall#2
Posted: 12/15/07 at 5:12am
The publicity from this won't harm her! But seriously I do hope she is better soon.
Updated On: 12/15/07 at 05:12 AM
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#2
Posted: 12/15/07 at 10:35am
Oh i hope she feels better soon, shes probably just over working herself
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#3
Posted: 12/23/07 at 1:53am
Any Liza updates? It's been so quiet.
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#4
Posted: 12/24/07 at 5:06pm
hav'ent heard anything about it until now (i'm slow lol) hope she's okay and back to her concerts as normal soon
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#5
Posted: 12/24/07 at 9:35pm
I wouldn't go so far to say that NYC was buzzing about the whole thing.

No one here really noticed or cared for that matter.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
scot Profile Photoscot Profile Photo
scot
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Liza Takes A Fall#6
Posted: 12/26/07 at 5:23pm
Well YES alot of caring
people in NY and elsewhere
are concerned about Liza
and hoping she feels better
soon. Over on the 'Broadway'
board I attempted to defend
Liza against nasty rumors
about her collapse. My thread
got trounced on by this same
type of bitter and uncaring
comment. If people in these
forums actually care about another
person, especially people in the
theater communities or Broadway...
then they care more about Liza's
wellbeing than to make such
cowardly and thoughtless comments.
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#7
Posted: 12/27/07 at 12:45am
What I was saying was that Wickedboy made it seem like the whole of NYC was nothing but a buzz with what happend with Liza. I said that that the entier city wasn't a buzz about what had happened.

I am sure that there are a good amount of people on the Broadway board or in the Broadway community in general who do care about her and are not happy that this happend.

But, understand that the world of Broadway is all in a ten block section of the city.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#8
Posted: 12/28/07 at 8:12pm
YES and everyone i was with in the those 5 days were talking about her fall. These are people who work in the theatre and live for it and dont stand outside stage doors waiting to take pictures with bored actors. In restaurants, theatre's and bars people were showing concern! .They showed a lot more sympathy towards her than you have Winston. Your young, she was a Broadway legend before you were born. Your on your own here im afraid and the theatre world awaits her recovery.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 12/29/07 at 08:12 PM
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#9
Posted: 12/29/07 at 5:57pm
What the hell is all of this I am young so I don't understand. That is just a dumb and niave comment to make.

Yes, I do understand she has had legend status before I was born. Yes, I do know that she is a Broadway star in every meaning of the phrase.

But, there is a HUGE difference between this being big news through out all of New York City. And this being a cause for concern in the theatre world. I NEVER once said that I didn't feel bad about what happend. I do. But, until now I never stated that I felt bad or my feelings about the situation in general.

I am sorry Wickedboy, if you hate the fact that i am looking at what you said literally. It kinda sucks when that happens. I should know you did that to me.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#10
Posted: 12/29/07 at 6:47pm
I think most people on here know what i meant but youve just had to push it a bit further!!!
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#11
Posted: 12/29/07 at 9:02pm
You did the same exact thing when you said I hate England. When that wasn't what I said at all.

Parsley
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Liza Takes A Fall#12
Posted: 12/30/07 at 6:10am
please swap phone numbers, flirt a bit or do whatever you want to do privately and be done with it. In the words of the great Dot: "move on.."
Updated On: 12/30/07 at 06:10 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#13
Posted: 12/30/07 at 1:47pm
The comment you made,Winston about the UK is on the board in black and white- i'll post it here again if you wish. And as for you sending me aPM regarding my comments on here id rather you didnt OK. I will reply to by PM soon but i just want people on here to know that its you that cant except the fact i was in NY for 5 days and in Joe Allens, Dont Tell Mama and amongst all my NY friends.etc etc almost everyone was expressing concern as to Liza being taken ill in Europe. Why cant you except the fact that that is what it was like those first few evenings. Youve made a really big thing of nothing here, the thread was started as a sympathy post to her - nothing more. It was heartwarming to hear the comments we heard. I certainly meant no harm on commenting on your age BUT you have said on the board and in PMs to me that you are young-thats it! Winston im never on here to cause offence to anyone. You just have to go back and read some of your comments on here and strong you put some of your feelings over. Dont come down on other people when they do the same. Now, maybe i wont bother with that PM. Anyone know how Liza is by the way? Poor girl!
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#14
Posted: 12/31/07 at 4:50pm
The difference was I was mature enough to not bring it in the main thread. Yes, you and your group of friends could be talking about it at Joe Allen's and Don't Tell Mamm's. But, your five friends from new york aren't reps for all the 8 milliion people that live here.

If you didn't want your message taken the wrong way then lay it out black and white clear and simple so it coulnd't have been taken the wrong way.

Just like I said i didn't trust the UK media on ONE issue doesn't mean I hate the UK at all. You saying that ALL of New York was talking about it was not true at all that is what you said. You could have said that my friends and I were talking bout it ect. But, don't lie.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza Takes A Fall#15
Posted: 12/31/07 at 9:46pm
Winston and i are now the best of friends! End of thread yea winston!
Theatrical Landladies Profile PhotoTheatrical Landladies Profile Photo
Theatrical Landladies
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Liza Takes A Fall#16
Posted: 1/5/08 at 12:33pm
I REALLY hope Liza recovers fully both for the sake of her own good health but also because I am desperate to see her perform live.

I have bought tickets 4 times in the past and each time she has not turned up (Royal Albert Hall then VICTOR VICTORIA x2) then a private celebration of the work of John Kander in NYC (she missed this due to a big legal meeting re her divorce which was being held the next day).

I now have tickets for June in Glasgow (can't believe she is coming to Glasgow!!!)and am crossing everything that she is well.

We love LIZA!! It is strange and irrational really but she does manage to draw affection and criticism in equal measures.

PS Her mum did come to Glasgow in the 50's so maybe I shouldn't be THAT surprised!!
"Your eyes..... they shine like the pants on my blue serge suit"