Page: 1

New Players Theatre

DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
New Players Theatre#1
Posted: 11/24/07 at 5:38am
I have been asked by a friend what my thoughts on it are and what its like. I think they are seing something there. Anyone know? I've never been I am afraid ! They say it's on the Strand, though I can't imagine where.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Players Theatre#2
Posted: 11/24/07 at 5:51am
Its off the Strand on the lane down the side of Charring Cross station, almost at Embankment station. Its on the right hand side as you walk down. Its a great little theatre space that has some great productions. Its a new theatre but carries on the tradition that the original had before it had to move due to the redevelopment of Charring Cross some years back.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Players Theatre#2
Posted: 11/24/07 at 5:51am
Its off the Strand on the lane down the side of Charring Cross station, almost at Embankment station. Its on the right hand side as you walk down. Its a great little theatre space that has some great productions. Its a new theatre but carries on the tradition that the original had before it had to move due to the redevelopment of Charring Cross some years back.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Players Theatre#3
Posted: 11/24/07 at 10:11am
It does have a low profile at the moment. The problem seems to be that there is no admin on site- it's virtually impossible to raise anyone by phone and the email is rarely answered.

A friend worked on the Wayne Sleep musical that was there last year. he said it's like a ghost town, apart from the odd concert, such as the Jason Robert Brown.
ullabelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: New Players Theatre#4
Posted: 11/24/07 at 11:09am
im a little disturbed that you doidnt know where it was death star...
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: New Players Theatre#5
Posted: 11/29/07 at 8:49am
Sorry I did know where it was! The reason I said I didn't was I knew it was out of the way a little and wanted to see how well known the location was! I also honestly knew knew very little about its reputation as a venue as it has fallen slightly uner my radar.

I know what you mean about not getting anyone on the phone and admin issues. A friend wanted to produce something there, but they finally made (what seems to be) the good decision not to!

Thanks for the posts!

Updated On: 11/29/07 at 08:49 AM