Page: 1

Rent Remixed news

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rent Remixed news#1
Posted: 10/29/07 at 8:53am
Rent Remixed will not stay open after its current booking period.

According to a friend at the duke of yorks another show has been in talks with the theatre for the end of may 2008

The sales have slumped as well, according to the same person the theatre is playing to half empty theatres most night.

A replacement will come in for Densie Van Outen as well in the next 2 months and rumor has it thats its Javine but that is not confirmed yet.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#2
Posted: 10/29/07 at 9:18am
'Rent-Reduced' was only ever playing The Duke of Yorks until April 5th 2008.
It wont last anywhere near that long despite a so called bottomless cash draw.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 10/29/07 at 09:18 AM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#2
Posted: 10/29/07 at 9:31am
The show did hope to extend till september (thats what the staff at the duke of Yorks were told)

I agree though that after the god awful reviews etc i will be surprised if it lasts till april as they will have to be using their reserve funds already if its not selling
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#3
Posted: 10/29/07 at 9:44am
Its a shame because the Duke Of Yorks has always had a strong line up of really top productions always continuously playing.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#4
Posted: 10/29/07 at 9:48am
Someone told me last week that the current tour of 'Terms Of Endearment' was contemplating a West End season with Linda Gray. Weather it will play the Dukes i dont know but thats the kind of show it needs. Tho, i have on authority from Cardiff that its not selling as they thought it would. Doing OK bizz, but not what was expected with Linda Grays name.
Was Shirley busy?? LOL
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#5
Posted: 10/29/07 at 9:52am
lol, yeah the theatre has def hit a bump with Rent Remixed

I still think they should just throw dirt on the set and change the orchestrations back and they have the original rent again lol
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#6
Posted: 10/29/07 at 10:48am
A light just went on above my head! 'Parade' would sit in the Dukes perfectly. They are close to settling the rights for a transfer tho no theatre has been mentioned as yet!!!! mmmmmm! Nice little 6 month run-perfect! I dont know anyone on the show so we'll have to wait and see.
BTW, did anyone go see R E N T @ G A Y on S A T U R D A Y??? I hope CHGriffiths got out alive , bless him! Proberbly in a heap out side the astoria still clutching Dennises autograph! I'll go check!
Updated On: 10/29/07 at 10:48 AM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#7
Posted: 10/29/07 at 10:53am
"I hope CHGriffiths got out alive , bless him! Proberbly in a heap out side the astoria still clutching Dennises autograph! I'll go check! "

Oh my god i fell of the sofa laughing at that hahahahaha

Parade would play great there (oh please take it there)

CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Rent Remixed news#8
Posted: 10/29/07 at 12:00pm
I was tempted to go to g-a-y to see them but I didnt, as there was no train for me to catch until the next morning! when I was coming back up for Wicked day anyway, but I did see the show and I do think it has changed since rent remixed first started previews almost a month back, it has returned more to its rock routes! I do like this production but I would still prefer the ORIGONAL rent to revive over here! but i doubt I will see Rent remixed again, possibly closing night! so in about two weeks then! the theatre was empty though and I really cant see this lasting much longer! but thanks for the thought, but Denise Van Outen dont like me anyway, last time I met her i tried to get a picture but my camera took like a minute to capture it and she got very annoyed with me! but oh well!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#9
Posted: 10/29/07 at 12:05pm
Empty theatre eh! Can you guess a %?
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#10
Posted: 10/29/07 at 12:09pm
its a shame in a way because it was nice to see the words Rent back in the West End, if only someone else would have directed this and made more sensible changes (like book problems, not the score which was brilliant as it were)
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Rent Remixed news#11
Posted: 10/29/07 at 12:16pm
I mean I would say 65% full which actually is better than the actual production on Broadway which averaged at 53% last week, but considering how samll the Duke Of York's is...
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#12
Posted: 10/29/07 at 12:26pm
On a weekend, 2 weeks after opening NOT Good! Good!
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#13
Posted: 10/29/07 at 1:35pm
I wish to see this before it closes cuz of all the different views everyone has about it. But would CERTAINLY LOVED it if it closed and get replaced by PARADE. NEVER been a fan of RENT and thought Parade as a whole is just a MUCH better show than Rent and deserves a short West End run.
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
mrkringas Profile Photomrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rent Remixed news#14
Posted: 10/29/07 at 3:38pm
Shame its not doing well but so long as it stays til April I guess thats that.

Glad to have Rent back. Shame is was deeply flawed but rather have this than a reheat of the original. Better luck next time and agree that Baker should not direct again.

I just hope this gets recorded. I really enjoy some of the new orchestrations and being a completist I think it has to be. Just imagine in ten years time....a bunch of musical mad teens will be stuck with crappy bootlegs instead of the real deal.

Plus I adore collecting flop cast recordings. Any word? I was hoping with the creative teams background there may be a better chance?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#15
Posted: 10/29/07 at 3:52pm
Yea im a collector of flops on CD and vinyl and would love to have this one.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent Remixed news#16
Posted: 10/30/07 at 8:08am
yeah me to, they have to record this