Page: 1

Will tour be a UK tour of Little Shop of Horrors?

sam31
Stand-by
Stand-by
I saw this show twice in the WEst End over the summer and thought it was great. I olso saw it when my sisters college did this play and I was stage hand when I worked for the Lost Theatre in Fulham who did this play. Will it tiour the UK next year?
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Negotiations are still ongoing with this production and the Ambassadors Group. It lost a lot of money in its 2 transfers this year. The fact It has toured extensivly in the last 20 years may not help it as it never has gotten any where near the following Rocky and Joseph have had in the regions. It last toured only a few years ago. The Ambassadors Group own and control 12 theatres around the UK so thats a big tour in itself. It was originaly roumored to go out in September next year so its still very early as yet to confirm if this will happen. The Ambassadors Group are generally pretty hot on the touring circuit tho, so fingers crossed!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 10/26/07 at 05:19 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A collegue of mine here just told me he recently spoke to ATG and they have absolutly no plans for 'Little shop' in the future. If your a fan of Paul Keating, he's just signed for the Old Vic pantomime playing Buttons! There you go.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 10/26/07 at 06:41 AM
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They are DEF plans to tour little shop of horrors as they have been in touch with certain theatres
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I forgot you know more in Manchester than we do working in production offices here in London. This info is speaking to the Ambassadors group as i said and they said no plans as yet!!!!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
WickedBoy you are not the only one on here that knows a lot about shows etc.I happen to have about a zillion contacts in London and im going off what they have said not what anyone in Manchester has said (though they have been looking at the Opera House)

Im just saying what i got told
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Im not saying i am but when you wrote DEF i had to comment on what a guy from the Ambassadors office stated -they got stung badly and lost loads of money in town and the last show on their list is Little Shop to tour!! I am actulay sitting in an office her for casting etc! The last production was avery small one compared to the other UK productions and would need a lot of redesigning to look OK in big houses like Manchester Opera House and the biggies in Bristol, Southampton etc. Thats were they fear they will loose money again. Agian, horses mouth.

Updated On: 10/26/07 at 09:03 AM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i think the show would do great business on tour
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As i said in an earlier post it died on tour the last twice and its been out so many times in 20 years. In Wimbledon i sat thru it with just another 70 or 80 in the audience. Remember this is avery small production set wise compared to others that have toured.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS has always died a death here in Australia, yet it is very, very popular with amateur groups and always does well for them. It is "just" a show, and not a particularly good one at that.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i cant remember which version of it i watched on tour (was many many years ago in Bradford i think) and it seemed pretty full (not sold out though)

You would have thought it would have great response on tour (I mean its a plant WHAT TALK and frikin eats people....whats not to love) lol