Page: 1

Question about shows in London

AudreyTwoTwo Profile PhotoAudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Question about shows in London#1
Posted: 10/23/07 at 3:41pm
I might be going to Europe over the summer with a choir to tour in England, France, and Germany and perform for people. In the pamphlet it says there is a day that we can spend doing pretty much whatever we want in London, and I was just wondering:
When are the matinees for shows in London?
What time are the shows?
What days of the weeks are there performances?
Thank you for your help.
The Best of Times is Now!
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Question about shows in London#2
Posted: 10/23/07 at 3:53pm
Most shows perform Monday to Saturday Evening with Matinees on Saturday and a midweek day (Tuesday, Wednesay or Thursday).

Some shows have an early evening and late evening performance on Friday (e.g. 5PM and 8.30).

It really depends what you want to see. I recommend looking at theatremonkey.com for show times and prices. By the summer of course some shows will have closed.

I hope that helps.
AudreyTwoTwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question about shows in London#2
Posted: 10/23/07 at 4:10pm
Thank you so much ! :)
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question about shows in London#3
Posted: 10/23/07 at 4:58pm
Go to most West End theatre websites and you'll get a good run down of whats on at what time. In London your lucky to have matinees on different days unlike Broadway where the matinees are strictly on a Weds at 3pm. Thats something ive never ever understood- it takes the choice away from the audience straight away!?!? Its only since The Lion King opened on Broadway that they changed the Sunday performance times, up until then they were always at 3pm!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 10/23/07 at 04:58 PM
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question about shows in London#5
Posted: 10/24/07 at 11:06am
The Hard Rock is a mere 10/15 min stroll up Piccadilly and your there in the heart of Theatreland. If its raining !!!!! you'll have lots of buses to take you. A good tip if you plan on useing the undeground trains (The Tube) and buses every day, your best bet is to buy a 3 day Travelcard 16.80 ($30) This gives you 100% unlimited travel 24hrs a day for the 3 days you buy it for. Get them at any tube station ticket office.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
AudreyTwoTwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question about shows in London#6
Posted: 10/28/07 at 8:20pm
ok cool! :)
What shows do u reccomend? I know that shows close and things, but what would you say is a really good show to see? I really want to see We Will Rock You but I have NO idea if that's out anymore.