Posted: 10/12/07 at 4:29pm
Any news about any new London productions
robUK Profile PhotorobUK Profile Photo
robUK
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Chorus Line#2
Posted: 12/3/07 at 12:13pm
Hi- No news as we speak, trouble is size of proscenium opening , has to be 40' min and there aren't many london theatres that can house it. I'm on the case and will report any sightings of West End Prod re: Chorus Line))
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#2
Posted: 12/3/07 at 12:15pm
The Sheffield production wanted to transfer down but fizzled out.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#3
Posted: 12/3/07 at 12:37pm
its so not gonna come to London
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#5
Posted: 12/3/07 at 12:44pm
The Sheffield/ Michael Grandage production, no. Im guessing the one we'll get is the new Broadway production. As much as i adore 'A Chorus Line' its another show London doesnt need or isnt crying out for.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Chorus Line#6
Posted: 12/3/07 at 12:54pm
Please bring it here re: Chorus Line
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#7
Posted: 12/3/07 at 12:55pm
its 'A Chorus Line'
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#8
Posted: 12/3/07 at 1:02pm
since i was a wee nipper people have been talking about a chorus line coming to the west end...it wont happen

And if it did by some miracle i dont think it would do well here, as wicked says the UK is not crying out for this and the recent revival was not as well received as they expected
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#9
Posted: 12/3/07 at 1:05pm
And as i said before its initial run at Drury Lane was troubled from beginning to end. It played to less than full houses through out its run even when the NY company played.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#10
Posted: 12/3/07 at 1:06pm
SADM2 watch my avatar in 2 mins- espec for you!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#11
Posted: 12/3/07 at 1:15pm
lol

i do love a chorus line i just dont think it will come here or if it does do well here
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#12
Posted: 12/3/07 at 1:16pm
That Drury Lane was really at the vanguard of sound technology I believe. But I think the lighting board was still manual, which makes the design pretty impressive!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#13
Posted: 12/3/07 at 1:19pm
Manchester Palace Theatre Oct 1988 the second date on its first ever UK tour. I was working at the theatre at the time!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#14
Posted: 12/3/07 at 1:23pm
We have a picture from its Palace theatre production in the Pitt Bar of the theatre
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#15
Posted: 12/3/07 at 1:27pm
I spent 3 weeks there when it went from manual to computer box office. I worked part time in London at FIrst Call and they sent 5 of us up there to teach the BO staff. Thats why i tell you i love the Palace so much. There was a great set of staff there then front of house and back! Caroline OConnor and Ruthie Henshall were in that show1
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#16
Posted: 12/3/07 at 1:28pm
Then there was the hideous national tour from a couple of years ago...

A Chorus Line just does not have the same clout as a title in the UK. We are philistines.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#17
Posted: 12/3/07 at 1:46pm
yea... I'd kill to watch the 1st UK Tour of Chorus Line! Imagine Caroline doing 'Music & The Mirror'! and also Ruthie singing 'What I Did For Love' !!!!!!!!!!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#18
Posted: 12/3/07 at 5:59pm
I don't think any country outside of the U.S.A. has a love of showbusiness that envelops a show like A CHORUS LINE and that can make it the success that it will always be in the States. It was a success outside of the U.S. the first time around as we all wanted to know what the fuss was about, but once you've seen it, you've seen it. They can't much break the mold and give you a all new interpretation.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chorus Line#19
Posted: 12/3/07 at 6:13pm
Perfectly put and knock on be proven true here in the UK.